Remember me
Lost Password Register

Any info on lake Sylvia?
06-02-2003, 07:50 AM,
Any info on lake Sylvia?
Has anybody dove lake Sylvia in Annandale? I've been out there in a boat swimming and fishing and it looks like it would be cool to dive. I am going there with the hubby and Missy and of course Sage, to do a boat dive. Thanks Linda
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers
06-02-2003, 08:41 AM,
Re:Any info on lake Sylvia?
Cool, let us know how the dive goes. The only lake I've dove out that way is Sugar Lake which is also near Annandale and it was a decent dive. It had pretty good viz.
06-02-2003, 09:01 AM,
I HAVE!!! About 3-4 times. Good luck diving off of the access. Its a *REALLY LONG* swim out to the buoy (deeper water). And I mean long.
It is the *ONLY* public access point on the lake. Unless I have missed something...

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
06-02-2003, 11:28 AM,
Jean, shouldn't be a problem since Linda said she is diving from a boat. Wink
06-02-2003, 01:40 PM,
OPPS...I missed the words..."boat dive" in Linda's note. Must be all that iron-ore from the weekend. (GONG)...
Very nice drop-off straight north of the public access. Thermocline was about at 35 feet about a week ago.

Unsigned...
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
06-03-2003, 07:11 AM,
Thanks for the info guys. You know I forgot about Sugar lake. Thats a nice lake also and more of a fishing lake than a waterski/jetski lake. I remember Sylvia as having a rocky/ sandy bottom and I thought the vis would be better there. I'd like to search for anchors and things. Although I don't think I'll ever reach Fred's collection! Smile Linda
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers
06-03-2003, 09:02 AM,
Hey Linda, sure you can match my collection.. deepest anchor I found was in -20', shallowest (shallowest?) was in -7'. One was stuck in a large tree root at -15'. I really enjoy lookin' for stuff. A neighbor dropped a fishing pole near our cabin last weekend in about -15', I'm hoping to find that sometime, bad thing is he really didn't mark where it went in.. "about 10 cabins to the north" :Smile. Come on up to the Vergas area and maybe you'll have better luck.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?