Remember me
Lost Password Register

Perch Lake Report 6/8/03
06-08-2003, 06:27 PM,
Perch Lake Report 6/8/03
My Wife and I hit Perch lake this afternoon. Thought I would post some info. They have built a new county park on the far side of the lake. Diving from this park is much easier than the gravel road we have used in the past. There also was a new (to me) platform at 15'.

The county parks guy said there was a large group of divers there for training earlier. Maybe some shops are moving here instead of square? Lots of people here fishing, and boating. They are renting canoes and small row boats at the park.

Anyway here are some details:
Vis above thermo - 10'
Vis below thermo - 20'
Temp above - 64
Temp below - 45

It's still fairly weed-free but they are growing. Didn't see a whole lot this dive. A few panfish on the way in and out. Thats about it.

E.
06-08-2003, 08:29 PM,
Re:Perch Lake Report 6/8/03
You didn't see the legendary carp of Perch lake?
Man they are big suckers, more than two feet long
and quite rotund. There aren't any crashed planes
out there but I have seen a few other things.
T
Safety first, ego last, actions speak louder than words or c-cards.
06-09-2003, 07:13 AM,
Jean and I were out there on Sunday too at the non-park site.

The fish seemed to follow Jean around...maybe they remember her feeding them last season? Wink

Didnt see the carp but did see lots of vintage Pabst Blue Ribbon beer cans (pre-poptop, pre-pull tab)

A fisherman told us that he heard there was a tractor in the lake,
anyone seen it?

06-09-2003, 07:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2003, 02:35 PM by beeger.)
I have heard first hand that there is some "farm equipment" down there, although I'm not sure of the specifics. FMT and I were out there with some other people on Sunday morning. Visibility started turning really bad at about the 45' mark. The bottom of the lake (62'-63') was virtually blackwater.

Chrisw - what is it about Pabst beer cans and local diving? I keep finding these things too ... always the old style flat top.

Brad.
"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being." - Johann W. von Goethe
06-09-2003, 08:55 AM,
The shop in Hudson trains out there at Perch. They may have abandoned their old platform down by where the old dock used to go (remember the plastic flower cup???)
Anyway , I saw many BOW sessions out there last year. I don't know of any shops around the Cities that use Perch (as of yet!!).
Hey Chris , maybe they were following you around. They probably want some new blood.

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
06-29-2003, 05:38 PM,
I did two dives at Perch on Friday the 27th. First dive was around 7pm. Went in at the boat ramp and followed the weedline west at about 19 feet. Visability was limited (5-10 feet) due to sediment floating around. Came back at about 40 feet with the vis improving to about 15 to 20 feet. Water temps were 47F at 40 feet. Picked up a sack of cans and bottles and a pink scuba mask. Had a nice dive.
Second dive was a night dive. I saw for the first time, Rainbow Trout while diving.
This was sponsored by Air Down There Scuba. Next get together will be July 10. Call the store for more information and to sign up. 651-482-0977
GO DIVING!
06-29-2003, 09:07 PM,
Sounds normal for Perch. So glad you had some good dives...Aren't those rainbows just awesome to see at night...
Now , about that pink mask??? Wink

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
07-01-2003, 06:16 PM,
Yep, it was great to see them. It was a great surprise because I sure wasnt wxpecting to see a trout. I wasnt very deep either 15 to 20 feet. It should be great in the fall when they all come near shore to spawn.
GO DIVING!