Remember me
Lost Password Register

Got my new camera
04-05-2002, 05:42 PM,
Got my new camera
I just got the Sony DSC-P5 camera and am ordering the UW housing for it next week!  Hee haw, now maybe I can contribute some pics to the Lakes tab on the board here! ;D
05-27-2002, 06:05 AM,
Re: Got my new camera
I finally tried my digital camera out in Perch Lake yesterday and I actually got some photos that turned out pretty good.  I don't have a strobe on my set up and just used the internal flash and I was able to get some pretty good results down to a depth of 30 to 40 ft.  I found that avoiding back scatter IS possible without an angled strobe.  I found that getting clear pics is dependent on the angle you hold the camera at.  The nice thing about the digital camera is that you can see what your pic will look like on the LCD screen.   Anyway I had a blast and I plan on taking some pics on the Crosby trip in two weeks.  Smile
05-28-2002, 08:13 AM,
I have the sony P5 and have just ordered the marine pak. Do any of you have any pics or opinions?
05-28-2002, 08:22 AM,
Quote:I have the sony P5 and have just ordered the marine pak. Do any of you have any pics or opinions?
<br>Yes, I could email you a few if you'd like.  Just PM me your email address.  The camera worked great and was real easy to use in the water even with thick coldwater gloves on.  I'm looking forward to taking more pics on future dives especially on our Crosby trip in two weeks. Smile<br>
06-12-2002, 04:36 PM,
Wahoo, just joined the digital age! Got my new Oly 4040 in the mail today. Trying to figure out how to get the underwater housing for it, without sleeping on the couch. Any sugestions?  ???
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
07-05-2002, 03:37 PM,
Here's a link to a few of my pics. Smile<br>
12-27-2002, 12:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-28-2002, 03:29 PM by freedivernd.)
Re:Got my new camera
Hey GP,
I visited your website again (showing my daughter) and I thought I'd share a quick trick with you and others to enhance your green water photos. It does increase file size but definetly gives you a more "what you saw" picture. If you have Photoshop it's only 3 clicks - Image, adjust, autolevels - and it's done. I'm sure other photo editing software has the same tools available, it's something I use all the time on my underwater pics. Works good on blue water too, although sometimes I'll add in more or less red. Well, Check out the differences on your sunfish picture, I only used the 3 mouse clicks to make this difference.

Of course, having photoshop helps but I think a good shareware photo editing software would give the same tools.

(edit- placed photos in one page instead of two)

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
12-28-2002, 09:48 AM,
Cool...thanks Fred. I have MGI PhotoSuite 4 which isn't as feature packed as PhotoShop but it does have some color filter manipulation capabilities like that. I'll have to do some more experimenting with it.
Smile
02-17-2003, 10:36 AM,
Fred, I picked up Photoshop and played with it a little. I altered the color on my pics a little bit. I didn't use the auto adjust though as sometimes it seemed to overcompensate and make them a little too bright to my liking. What I did do though was manually adjust the colors such as taking out some green and adding in a little blue, yellow, red etc. It's pretty fun to play with. Unfortunately I lost a lot of my pics in their full resolution format when my computer crashed awhile back so I had to pull the lower quality pics from my site and alter them in their compressed reduced quality format.
I can't wait to take some more pics this year. Smile
02-17-2003, 10:44 AM,
Fred, after looking again at the picture of mine that you altered it still looks better than the adjustments that I made. I'll have to play with Photoshop a little more and see what I can come up with. Wink