Remember me
Lost Password Register

Nitrox fills
11-16-2003, 10:32 AM,
Re:Nitrox fills
I agree that with big one you still need content sticker Hell when I got certified I was already diving a number of years and in my class to get a c-card there was even the thought of anything but air till I hit the military. As I see in the new manuals for open water the agency do use the sight of the big sticker to have hands off till properly trained. I think no matter what anyone does there will always be issues for anything In dealing in the private sector since 1990 people can't seem to read the signs to stay off the grass.
We should get together and do some tech diving, some nice stuff at 250 in Lake Michigan only a few have been on
11-16-2003, 05:48 PM,
Whatever happened to analyzing your tanks before you dive?

When we dive, especially mix, every tank gets analized before you dive. If you need to take your reg off then you check it again. We check with both an 02 and an HE analizer to make sure we have all the bases covered. We also sign off on them in a team dive log. Everyone cross-checks their buddy's gasses, MOD's and initials them in the log. Cross-checking these things makes things a lot safer than just a bunch of stickers.

BTW: Just got out of Lake Mendota today. We spent 4+ hours freediving in 46 degree water. It was warmer this weekend than last, but the fish were no where to be found. :'(
My main trimix buddy , who is now hooked on freediving, can't believe that we can fit four divers, and gear, in a Honda hatch back. :o He just kept commenting on how much easier this is than dragging around all the stuff needed to do a little mix diving. I mentioned to him that while our bags maybe lighter, our wallets aren't. ;D

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
11-16-2003, 06:37 PM,

Jon,

that's also a very good point you brought up and one that gets very often overlooked.
Also, diving the same gas each time for a certain dive plan also cuts the possibility of wrong gas use way down. If you have tanks dedicated to OW diving and you use EAN32 for everything shallower than 100ft, you will never run into a situation where confusion might arise.
Still, analyzing your and your buddy's tanks before the dive and marking it down correctly will avoid possible horror scenarios.