Remember me
Lost Password Register

Digital settings
06-29-2002, 03:26 PM,
Digital settings
I got a question for the digital photographers. What setting do you shoot your pictures on. By that, I mean how many pixels do you set at. Mine can shoot 300*400 to a max of about 3200*?. I've been going with a middle of the road setting, about 2 MB per shot, but should I up the resolution?<br>Thanks in advance.
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
06-29-2002, 03:31 PM,
Re: Digital settings
Also what printer do you use. I have an old cannon bubblejet, but I don't think it's up for the task. I don't want to print 8*10's but something that could do 5*7's and not break me would be nice. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
06-30-2002, 02:20 AM,
I shoot at the highest resolution for all of the underwater stuff.  As far as printers go one option is to just bring in your shots on a CD to a Target or even a Kinkos or something to have them printed.  In the long run if you plan to print quite a bit it'll end up being cheaper I'm sure when you figure in how much photo paper costs not to mention inkjet cartridges.  I just have an old InkJet 895 myself and it prints alright but I wouldn't think of trying to print out 30 or 40 photos on it when I can just run to a one hour photo and have it done faster and cheaper.
07-01-2002, 12:11 PM,
Thanks gp, Kinkos it is. I like that better than shelling out for a new printer. Leaves more $$ for diving.

Tom