Remember me
Lost Password Register

Basic Underwater Cameras
03-09-2002, 06:11 AM,
Basic Underwater Cameras
Undecided<br><br>I can't decide what underwater camera to get... I'm looking at the Reefmaster SL515 or 200C. Should I be looking at something else, or will either of these do just fine? I know I'll probably need a strobe around here, and I think both of these can use one.<br><br>Any thoughts?
03-11-2002, 11:21 AM,
Re: Basic Underwater Cameras
Well, I just bought the Bonica Sea King II... We'll see how it does come May!
03-11-2002, 11:48 AM,
I'm picking up the Sony DSC-P5 digital camera with the underwater housing pretty soon.  I can't wait.  I'm sure I'll eventually need to get a strobe to get decent pics but it'll still be fun just being able take some pics.
03-11-2002, 11:53 AM,
Sounds cool... I'd be way to nervous putting my digital camera below the water though!
03-11-2002, 12:57 PM,
I'm think I'm getting dive equipment insurance.  Did you happen to see some of the posts on DEPP coverage on ScubaBoard?  You can get policy's that even cover camera flooding and it's really affordable.  Here's a link and they list rates too!    I really like the idea of being able to see your shots underwater and being able to delete them if they don't turn out, plus you get the added convenience of not having the hassles and long term expense of film and developing.<br>
05-14-2002, 06:13 PM,
Quote: Undecided<br><br>I can't decide what underwater camera to get... I'm looking at the Reefmaster SL515 or 200C. Should I be looking at something else, or will either of these do just fine? I know I'll probably need a strobe around here, and I think both of these can use one.<br><br>Any thoughts?
<br><br>I have delt with Reefmaster and wasn't that pleased with them. If you are just starting out and want to stay on a good low end camera I would recommend Sea & Sea's new MX5 II with the new YS20 flash or the step up MX 10 with the YS40 flash
05-14-2002, 06:15 PM,
Quote:I'm picking up the Sony DSC-P5 digital camera with the underwater housing pretty soon.  I can't wait.  I'm sure I'll eventually need to get a strobe to get decent pics but it'll still be fun just being able take some pics.
<br><br>I would recommend you to look into Light & Motion Housings. They are a little spendy, but well worth it<br>