Remember me
Lost Password Register

Isle Royale
10-08-2003, 12:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2003, 01:00 PM by freedivernd.)
Re:Isle Royale
Inspirationdiver, just a note about picture resolution.. it's very rare that you would need anymore than 72 dpi, few screens show more than 72dpi. It will make for quicker uploads and take up less server/computer space and still look exactly like a 300dpi or more pic on the screen.
Fred
P.S. - great pics by the way!
Cold and dark down there huh?
10-08-2003, 01:25 PM,
Yeah, they don't look too bad at the size they show up on this website. On my computer at home I have them blownup to desktop size. They get a little grainy unless I increase the resolution. With higher resolutions, I can zoom in on parts of the images also. I took this out of the picture below of the telegraph.

Attached Files
.jpg   telegraph2.jpg (Size: 71.01 KB / Downloads: 73)
.jpg_thumb   telegraph2.jpg_thumb (Size: 32.38 KB / Downloads: 0)
10-08-2003, 01:50 PM,
Did you notice that the film advance is a little slow when you go below 200'? ???

I have the same camera and it seems to take an extra long time to advance the film on dives below 200'. I notice that some of your shots were in the 250' range and I wondered how well it fared.

The deepest I have taken mine to is 220'. I know that you can take the Nikonos down quite deep, but I don't know how far to trust the Sea&sea.

Nice shots!

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
10-10-2003, 07:04 AM,
I know that I'm exceeding the rated depth for this camera system, but it has been working great. I haven't noticed the camera winding slow at all. I regularly take the camera to 200-220 but this was the first time I tried taking it this deep. Some of the pictures I took were up to 260 ft. I believe the Nikonos and the MM2 both have similar depth ratings, somewhere about 170-180ft. I can't remember exactly. I've been looking into buying a new camera setup but I haven't fit it into my budget yet. For now, it's cheaper for me to just push the limits of this camera and if I do happen to flood/wreck the camera then that'll speed up my camera buying process.