Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby - Louise Mine
06-30-2003, 01:59 PM,
Crosby - Louise Mine
Had a great weekend up at Crosby Mines doing Rescue Diver training with Dave Starky from Scuba Daddy's. Great 40ft vis unless near the entry point which got pretty kicked up from our 3 classes totaling 24 divers. 68F at the surface and 59F at the 22ft platform (thermocline at 18ft). On a dive between exercises, I hit 45ft where the temp was 50F.

My first time to Crosby - a nice dive location! Great vis and some interesting things to look at. A number of panfish, Rock and Smallmouth Bass as well as some suckers. One large, fat Smallmouth followed us around looking for handouts. We dived on a submerged forest, a boat, an old playground turtle an found a few other items here and there.

We had a few tense moments late Sat afternoon when there was a tornado warning for a town only 14mi from our campsite. The clouds were black and winds scary... we witnessed some cloud rotation above us but thankfully nothing developed...

Of course, the people made it great including a couple of MNScuba.com users in my Rescue class, Missy and Lindan (congrats on your Master Scuba Diver certs, ladies!). Lots of camaraderie in the water and later around the campfire. Thanks to Dave, Sean and Scuba Daddy's for setting up the class and taking care of us. Looking forward to getting back to Crosby soon!
- Dan