Remember me
Lost Password Register

Bad Medicine was bad medicine.. & Leech Lake too
07-14-2002, 07:29 PM,
Bad Medicine was bad medicine.. & Leech Lake too
I've heard so much about Bad Medicine being super clear and deep and what a dissapointment it was a few days ago when I was there. :-[ The boat landing signs were just above water as they have had so much rain that the lake is that high.  My first freedive to about -30' just about put my face into the bottom the vis was so poor.  Not impressed.  It's off my list until I hear otherwise from a dependable source.  Ok Ok so I could see the rope from the surface to about -10" but everywhere I was on the bottom there was almost no vis.<br><br>I tried Leech Lake and the river by Federal Dam.. same story.. almost.  To much rain for now.<br><br>Fred Johnson
Cold and dark down there huh?
07-16-2002, 02:59 PM,
Re: Bad Medicine was bad medicine.. & Leech Lake t
Leech lake can be good, but its shallow in most places. Run over to Hakensack and dive Ten Mile lake. My parents own a cabin on Ten Mile and I dove it alot. I had a avg vis of 20-25ft or more and the bottom was good, its either rocky or a good sand that wont stir easy.  A great spot I found was when you head into the Boy river. There is a bay right before the Boy river starts, there are 2 penisulas that can be dove. the 1st one, (this would be heading towards the river) will be on the right hand side is the best one. it has a few trees that are vertical standing.<br>