Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dolphin Rebreather action.
07-11-2003, 02:55 PM,
Dolphin Rebreather action.
Haven't heard from any Dolphin rebreather divers lately. Anyone out diving with a Dolphin this summer?
__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.
07-16-2003, 12:28 PM,
Re:Dolphin Rebreather action.
I just started diving a Dolphin rebreather - certified at Wazee two weeks ago. Including six certification dives, I've logged twelve very pleasant dives on the unit. I've another four or five planned for this weekend.

The system is easy to use and easy to dive. My average bottom time per dive has been greatly increased! I'll keep you posted as I log more dives on the unit.
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
07-16-2003, 03:25 PM,
Thanks for the reply. Please keep us informed and welcome to the world of rebreathers. I think you're really gonna like it.
__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.
07-21-2003, 01:27 PM,
I did four more Dolphin dives - Lake Superior again. Dove Madeira, Hesper and, alas, the exciting boulder field.

Had to limit my dives to about 45 minutes - even though I had plenty of air & the rebreather 'breathes' warmer than OC - because I didn't have adequate undergarments (and a leaky dry-glove didn't help).

It sure was fun to explore the Madeira - there hundreds of tiny fry swarming the wreck.

I'll be diving the Northshore again in August. ;D
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
07-21-2003, 04:15 PM,
How much gas did you use and what was the depth and bottom time?
07-22-2003, 07:23 AM,
Sat. - Madeira: 105 feet, 47 min.
Sat. - Hesper: 46 feet, 48 min.
Sun. - Madeira: 101 feet, 43 min.
Sun. - Rubble Field: 31 feet, 23 min.

Total gas used: 2,000 +/- psi out of one 66 c.f. cylinder.

Would have been down longer, within no-deco limits of course, but I got too cold.
07-22-2003, 11:34 AM,
Man that's pretty awesome. Must be nice not having to lug all of those tanks. Especially the Madeira if you're diving from shore.
07-31-2003, 10:04 AM,
Dove Perch Lake for the first time last night. Boy, was the visibility poor! Other than that, the dive went OK.

Depth: 45', Time: 42 min. Used 700 psi from a 27 c.f. tank - a few 'surface intervals' looking for my buddy - which, BTW, isn't easy when he's diving an Inspiration!

Next week I'll be Diving the Northshore again - what an awsome place to dive. If you haven't done Superior, make a plan to do so (wreck diving of course). And let me know, I may join you.
09-02-2003, 06:59 AM,
Didn't get to dive much in Aug. as I fractured my wrist :'( But it seems to be healed and I finally got to dive again 8)

Dove:

8/30/03 Buckeye: 56 min. 91 max depth
8/30/03 Cad Lake: 22 min. 10 max depth!
8/31/03 Ore-Be-Gone: 45 min. 117 max depth
8/31/03 Ore-Be-Gone: 74 min. 74 max depth

There was one other Dolphin diver at Ore-Be-Gone but I didn't catch his name.

Lots of dives planned for Sept., most in Crosby.
09-02-2003, 03:42 PM,
So that's 3.3 hours of diving and how much gas did you use?