Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dolphin Rebreather action.
01-08-2004, 09:33 PM,
Re:Dolphin Rebreather action.
Then again with my ample bottom time (on the RB) maybe I would better serve the group as a safety diver

Your hired. ;D

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
01-08-2004, 09:44 PM,
Bummer :'(

I just checked the Freediving section for the Freedive-a-palooza dates and I will be on the Heyboy diving Isle Royale July 23-26. I really would like to make it but I would be hard pressed to give up a 4 day weekend of shipwreck diving!

Guess I should have looked before I leaped! We will just have to get together some other time.

Chuck
Don't believe the hype!
01-08-2004, 11:37 PM,
Chuck, that is too bad. I think the apalooza is going to be a lot of fun..
as for the rebreathers... I know v. little about them. I'm sure it would be the same old problem with me.. I really struggle with losing the streamlining and adding the bulk. (sounds like what I did over the holidays Smile ) +.. you know.. I think I'm hesitant (seriously) about going deep with equipment other than just the fins and mask. Although I was comfortable scuba diving at -60' one time (totally dark, silted, & cold even).. maybe it's just getting there. :-\
o.k. so I changed the word "scared" to "hesitant" :-[

"thought I was fearless" Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
01-09-2004, 05:38 PM,
Fred,

Our pool is only 10ft (9 by most depth gauges and computers) so I would not go so far as to call it “deep,” Wink but I understand where you are coming from. Rebreathers are not for everyone and if you are happier with less gear then that is all that matters.

We have a freediver who has joined a number of our trips (Cozumel, Walker’s Cay Shark Dives, and this year Bonaire) and I have to admit it is impressive looking over your shoulder at 60ft on a wall and seeing a guy in only mask, fins, and snorkel swimming along with you. Freediving requires just as much discipline and control as any other type of diving (if not more) and it is definitely a skill I need to improve upon. I could say I free dove to 40 ft once but I would be exaggerating by a long 5 ft. Tongue

That being said I feel obligated to talk about rebreathers again (after all we are in the RB forum) and if you ever develop more than idle curiosity about the RB’s please do not “hesitate” to call me. Once you understand the way they operate they may seem less intimidating. That’s not a sales pitch or a challenge, just an open invitation.

Safe (Free) Diving,

Chuck Northrup
Going Under Dive Center
Don't believe the hype!
01-10-2004, 03:41 PM,
I just checked the Freediving section for the Freedive-a-palooza dates and I will be on the Heyboy diving Isle Royale July 23-26. I really would like to make it but I would be hard pressed to give up a 4 day weekend of shipwreck diving!

This could have been you Chuck! Wink ;D

Attached Files
.jpg   tanya_rebreahter.jpg (Size: 30.63 KB / Downloads: 59)
.jpg_thumb   tanya_rebreahter.jpg_thumb (Size: 36.95 KB / Downloads: 0)
01-10-2004, 06:52 PM,

I don't know Jon, Tanya looks much better than I do in a bikini. In fact most of my rebreather students have told me the scariest part of the whole class was seeing me in a speedo. :o

Chuck
Don't believe the hype!
01-10-2004, 09:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2004, 09:06 PM by Freedive WI.)
I was thinking that you would be on the Inspiration and we would have other, female, freedivers there that you would be spotting- though I can't promise that Tanya will show up.

However, if your into wearing bikini's who am I to judge? Wink

Jon ;D