Remember me
Lost Password Register

Introduction
03-03-2005, 02:10 PM,
Introduction
Minnesota is known of as the Land of 10,000 lakes for a reason.  Almost everywhere you go in Minnesota we have a lake or river for to enjoy.  Unfortunately necessity has dictated that public servants in the form of Public Safety Divers be called on to provide aid on many of these bodies of water.  To meet this demand Minnesota has formed many Public Safety Diving teams through local Fire Rescue and Law Enforcement departments/agencies.

This board is intended to provide a place for Public Safety Divers to discuss public safety diving procedures, gear, and training.  Training and procedures are different from team to team and this presents an opportunity to learn from each other to improve our safety and effectiveness.  The board is also a good place for anyone to learn about and discuss PSD opportunities.

As public servants (paid or volunteer) we are bound by our duty to the public.  For many reasons Public Safety Divers cannot discuss any active recovery/rescue effort and/or case under investigation.  Please don’t ask. 

In the next few weeks I will ask a few seasoned Public Safety Divers to post some background information on Public Safety Diving and hopefully get things started.

Dive Safe,

Chris – aka: MNDiver
03-04-2005, 08:53 AM,
Re: Introduction
Hi Cris,
I will hopefully be starting as a volunteer with Hennepin Co. next month and working my way onto the dive team. I will post updates as I progress I it works out so everyone can see the prossess I go through to become a public Safty diver with the Hennepin co emergancy responce team.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
03-19-2005, 07:17 PM,
Please keep us posted on your progress.  They have an excellent team and you should learn quite a bit. 
07-17-2007, 03:50 PM,
Hello,

I have many friends that are on the Dakota County Dive Team, and I dive with the members occasionally. I am in law enforcement myself, but my department does not have it's own dive team. Regardless, I am a rescue diver and may be called to assist one of these days. It looks like there are not that many PSD on this board.