Remember me
Lost Password Register

Foster Arends - Rochester
07-02-2002, 08:44 AM,
Foster Arends - Rochester
I'll be making a dive at Foster Arends this week, I'll post my findings later on. From what I hear it's not that great, but I really want to get back in the water and its 5 minutes from my place!
07-02-2002, 11:06 AM,
Freshwater Jellyfish
I just found out this lake also has freshwater jellyfish.<br><br>http://nsm1.nsm.iup.edu/tpeard/ustates.html<br><br>This was confirmed when I called the office there. The guy I happened to talk to is a scuba diver and said he saw a bunch of them on the bottom of the lake last year.
07-02-2002, 06:21 PM,
Re: Foster Arends - Rochester
Ooh, that sounds cool.  Let us know what you see.  If you find some jellyfish I'll be heading down there to dive the lake with you next time.
--Jason
07-03-2002, 04:34 AM,
Sounds good, I'll try to snap some pictures while I'm down there. The lake setup is pretty nice actually, and reports of vis being about 10 feet. I guess August/September is the active Jellyfish season.
07-03-2002, 05:14 PM,
Holy cow!  Jellyfish in Minnesota!  Awesome.  I will definatley do some diving over there during peak season.  Have a fun safe dive down there!<br><br>I'm due for a jellyfish sting, it's been 4 months now since my last LOL Big Grin<br><br>Let us all know how it goes.<br><br>Dan<br>
07-08-2002, 04:25 AM,
Well, let's just say it was good to get back in the water... Didn't feel like a month since the last time, so that's good. Everything went well and I had a great time despite the low vis. There were a couple times I hit bottom because I couldn't see it coming, but it was still fun. No Jellyfish sightings, although they could have been all around me and I didn't know it, haha.
07-16-2002, 08:03 AM,
The last time I saw a jelly fish at Fosters was back in '97 in Sept.
07-16-2002, 02:07 PM,
From a website:<br><br>When will I see freshwater jellyfish?<br><br>Usually late summer.  August and September are peak months for jellyfish sightings in Pennsylvania when lake water is warm and food is abundant.  The jellyfish will be floating or swimming gently just below the surface of the water.  They are easily seen by the naked eye.  They often surface in large numbers called "blooms".   Sunny days are especially good for spotting jellyfish.<br>
--Jason
07-16-2002, 02:53 PM,
Ive not heard of anyone seeing jelly's at fosters since 97-98. Ive also dove that pond alot and only had 2 encounters, both on the same day in Sept around sunset. They do have biolumiessece (sp) though.