Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ecology Dive on July 19 (free air fills)
07-17-2003, 10:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2003, 10:34 PM by josejavierlopez256001.)
Ecology Dive on July 19 (free air fills)
Ecology Dive on July 19
Sponsored by Blue Water Divers and Univeristy of Okoboji. Registration for the free dives is from 9 to 10 a.m. at Blue Water Divers. Free air fills for the clean-up dives. Prizes will be awarded after judging at 4. Hot dogs and refreshments will be provided at Noon at Blue Water Divers.

I am planning to leave Mankato at 8:15 am. If anyone is interested in a ride from Mankato to Okoboji, feel free to contact me.

Jose (tel. 507-625-6269 or 507-389-1890)

07-20-2003, 12:27 PM,
Re:Ecology Dive on July 19 (free air fills)
Greetings!

The ecology dive went well. Visibility was quite good if we take into consideration 2002's visibility during this time of the year. Yesterday's visibility at Okoboji was much better than what we had during July of 2002. Interestingly, during the month of June of the present year, water clarity was worst than last year's June conditions. Visibility is so crazy at Okoboji.

Some divers found interesting stuff during the event: a bmx bicyle, a lounge chair, cell phones, sunglasses, and a 19th century steam boat engine drive shaft. I did a poor job; I only found cans of beer. A diver from St. Paul was my dive buddy for this event and he did an excellent job. He found three or four times the amount of items I retrieved from the bottom of this lake. I believe the event organizers should penalize (charge a punishment fee or fine or publicly humiliate, hahaha) divers like me that found so much crappy stuff after yesterday's impresive performance of some diving teams. Blue Water Divers provided free lunch and air for the divers who cleaned the lake. Next month, Okoboji will have a similar diving event.

I will have many week days off before August. So let me know if anyone wants to dive on a week day. Take care!

cheers,

Jose