Remember me
Lost Password Register

North Long Lake, Brainard
07-16-2003, 07:33 AM,
North Long Lake, Brainard
I'm going to be up in Brainard this weekend and was wondering if there is anyone interested in diving in the area? Also has anyone ever done any diving in North Long Lake????
Chris Bloss
07-16-2003, 11:56 AM,
Re:North Long Lake, Brainard
Skruff,

I will be on my way to Florida this weekend so I can't join you, but the Crosby Mine pits just east (I think east) of Brainerd are fabulouse to dive!!!!

I dove them two weeks ago for the first time and loved it! There are many pits to choose from, all crystal clear and clean, lots of fish, easy access for doubles diving and nice depth. We got about 100ft before we ran into the tannic water. Water temp was 54 degrees ferenheight at depth and vis was about 20-30 ft.

The local dive shop there is Minnesota School of Diving and the pits are about 15 minutes from the dive shop - you can purchase maps from them.

Have a great weekend of diving - these pits are a must dive site in Minnesota!

~Groovekitty*
07-16-2003, 01:37 PM,
Going to Florida? I'm jealous.
Hope you have a good time. Wink
T
Safety first, ego last, actions speak louder than words or c-cards.
07-16-2003, 08:34 PM,
I will be in Akin this weekend and might be able to get out and dive. what do you have planed?
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
07-16-2003, 09:59 PM,
FYI- If you stop in to just about any gas station in Crosby, Deerwood or Ironton they have a newspaper for tourists that has an adequate map of the Cuyuna (Crosby) mines. We dove Huntington last week and found it to be very good below the 15-20 foot depth.
Scott Wemyss<br />Air Down There SCUBA <br />9 East Little Canada Road<br />Little Canada, MN 55117<br />(651) 482-0977<br />www.airdownthere.com<br />airdownthere@msn.com