Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive shop to trust
07-16-2003, 12:52 PM,
Dive shop to trust
My husband and I planned a dive trip to Lake Superior. We contacted Lake Superior Diver Supply a month and a half ago, and was told that they would have someone to dive with us. Don didn't want to book it because he didn't want to be left without a customer if WE didn't show up. Well, DON didn't come through. >Sad We stopped in last Friday as planned and he said everyone got tired of the rain and cold so they went to Florida. (Duh, it's northern Mn) Anyway, we found Superior Scuba. Jay and Art bent over backwards to let us dive. They were booked all weekend, but Jay met us at 6:00 a.m. the morning we were to leave. He even rearranged a class for us. We had a wonderful wreck dive. Thank you both for your patience (our first Lake Superior dive) and for really going out of your way to make our weekend a wonderful memory. ;D Larry and Alexia
07-16-2003, 05:10 PM,
Re:Dive shop to trust
You have to love stories where people are taken care of... glad to hear things worked out for you. Cheers to Superior Scuba! Which wreck(s) did you dive? How were the conditions?
- Dan
07-16-2003, 09:00 PM,
We dove the Madiera, just north of Split Rock Lighthouse. Great fun, but we can't remember much. Too many things to think about. Can't wait to do it again.
07-27-2003, 06:49 PM,
I just got back from a dive weekend with a group from Bemidji. We dove Burntside Lake with Alan White of A&W Diving in Ely. We had two great boat dives with visibility over 25 feet. We dove a rock wall with 20-30 foot boulders at the bottom, then we dove a rock reef and a sunken launch from the early 1900's with numerous fish in the area. Many, very large small-mouth bass and several other schools of fish were up on the reef and around the wreck. Thanks, A&W Diving, for a great day of diving.

The next day we dove with Superior Scuba. I have dove the Madeira and other wrecks many times but this was the first time diving with Superior Scuba Charters. We had a great time diving the Madeira and the Hesper. The service from Jay was great! His experience and boat diving procedures made the transitions from boat to water and vice versa very easy. Thank you.

Dan
08-18-2006, 11:07 AM,
Re: Dive shop to trust
    I was wondering something, what are the wrecks like in cold water.  I've seen lots of pictures of ocean ones that are overgrown with stuff.  Are the cold water ones the same?  I'd appreciate any info before I think about getting into cold water stuff.
08-18-2006, 11:18 AM,
Cold Water Wrecks
Cold freshwater wrecks do not get the growth on them that tropical, saltwater wrecks have on them.  I have also dived wrecks in British Columbia off of Nanaimo and was very impressed with the anenomies on the two wrecks sunk seven years apart.  They had significant differences in the size of the anenomies, but no bright coral, just one large walrus.