Remember me
Lost Password Register

Local Diving and/or Lake Superior
03-16-2003, 10:28 AM,
Local Diving and/or Lake Superior
Hello,
My husband and I live in Texas and will be coming to Minneapolis in July for a week (July 5-12) for a convention and are wanting to dive while we are there. I am looking for recommendations for local diving and/or making a trip to dive Superior. Any help would be appreciated!! BTW - we are drysuit certified and plan on bringing them with us!!
03-16-2003, 12:52 PM,
Re:Local Diving and/or Lake Superior
Making a trip up to the north shore of Lake Superior for the Madeira shipwreck would definately be worthwhile. The Madeira can be dove from shore, a group of us did it last August and honestly I didn't find the surface swim to be that bad at all though it's nicer to dive it from a boat. There isn't a whole lot of dive sites in the Minneapolis area that are that great. Another option would be driving up to the Brainerd/Crosby area and diving some of the mine pits up there. You can get info. on this from the Minnesota School Of Diving shop in Brainerd. The link to the shop is on the dive shop link at the top of the main page on this site. That's only about a 2 to 2 1/2 hr. drive from the twin cities and there is some nice diving up there with lots of dive sites. Yet another possibility would be to drive up to Virginia, MN and dive some of the mine pits up there. Check out the Tall Pine Scuba shop link on the Dive Shop page on the site here. Smile
03-16-2003, 07:06 PM,
Another idea is to try Lake Wazee. It's near Back River Falls Wisconsin, and is about two hours form the Twin Cities. There is a fee to get in the park, but the access and the diving are great !

Try

Goose luck !

Jeff
03-16-2003, 08:39 PM,
Yeah, but this would require you to go into WI :Smile
03-17-2003, 01:17 PM,
Don't know knockin Wazee now just cause its in Wisconsin.
So is Perch Lake. And that is a pretty fun dive too.
So:

DON'T GO KNOCKIN TILL YA HAVE BEEN ROCKIN !!!!!

Jean 8)

P.S. Besides , Wazee has REAL BATHROOMS...

How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
03-21-2003, 05:27 PM,
Thanks for the info!!! We are checking out the sites listed and trying to make a game plan!
07-14-2003, 04:43 PM,
I just wanted to say thanks to all for the information!
We were there for our week stay and ended up driving over to Wazee on the 10th! It was wonderful the viz was great and so many fish! Once again, thanks for all the help!
We hope to get back up that direction again sometime and maybe we can get together and all go diving!!