Remember me
Lost Password Register

AOW Class Announcement
08-05-2002, 09:02 AM,
Re:AOW Class Announcement
I'd definately have to say I noticed a difference in my semi-dry. When I did my open water dives there in May the water was about 42 and I was fine... when we got down to 100 feet I was getting pretty cold but bearable for a short time. I have integrated weights on my BC, so I didn't have to worry about the weight belt issue. GP has an interesting story about suit compression though, right GP? Hahaha... Sorry, I just had to laugh for a second there.<br><br>Anyway, we're very excited to go for it again... I had my reg checked and everything is a go!
08-05-2002, 09:22 AM,
<br>Yes, I had a little issue with suit compression on this dive. :Smile I've done dives to 100 feet before but they were gradual horizontal descents. This was the first time I've done a fairly quick direct vertical descent to 100 feet down a line. Well somewhere around 80 feet or so I started to get a major suit squeeze in my mid section if you know what I mean. :-[ It was quite significant and combine that with the cold water made it a little discomforting to say the least. I'd heard that this happens more often with dry suits but I was wearing a Henderson 7 mil 2 piece farmer john wetsuit. I must have just had it adjusted a little off or something so it was a little tight in the area I mentioned above. Guess I'll be checkin' that a little closer next time I do a dive like that.
08-06-2002, 09:33 AM,
Chris,<br><br>Sounds like the free flowing incident didn't stress you at all. That's great! Your instructor was well prepared with the pony. How did air sharing work for you and the instructor using a long hose? What regulator did you use? Instructor's? I had a new high performance regulator freeze up in 40 degree water so I decided to get a better suited reg for cold water dives. I got an Apeks which has worked great so far in 35 degree temps for close to an hour.<br><br>Derrick
08-07-2002, 08:20 AM,
Regs..<br><br>I have the ScubaPro Mk16/g250hp<br>Can't recall what he was using<br><br>The long hose worked out well, all I know is that reg was NOT coming out of my mouth! At the speed we were going it would have been tough to get mine located and back in. I probably could have exhaled most of the way though. I think I may switch my setup as soon as I can afford it. I'm thinking about making my current reg an octo and purchasing a ScubaPro mk20 or mk25/s600 for my primary. Or an Apeks 100 or 200 for my primary, not sure yet I guess. I think for MOST of my dives my Air2 would be sufficient, I will be getting a 7 foot hose for my primary regardless of what I do for an alternate though.