Remember me
Lost Password Register

Directions to St. Cloud Quarry?
07-04-2002, 06:31 PM,
Directions to St. Cloud Quarry?
I am going to dive St.Cloud quarry Sat morning.  Bill at Scuba  Daddy's said he got a report of 50 ft viz and blue water.<br>Anybody have any info?  Also need directions to the dive location.<br>Thanks,<br>Dan
Dan L
07-04-2002, 07:15 PM,
Re: Directions to St. Cloud Quarry?
Dan,<br><br>The following website has very useful information about the Quarry:<br><br>http://www.co.stearns.mn.us/departments/parks/quarrypark/index3.htm<br><br>Do you know if the Stearns county is still requiring diving insurance to those diving the quarry?<br><br>JJ<br><br>
07-04-2002, 07:22 PM,
Instructional SRe: Directions to St. Cloud Quarry?
Dan,<br><br>Are you going to the quarry as an individual or with a group of scuba diving students?  I do not know why but the Stearns County website says that they only allow Instructional SCUBA diving.  IF they changed that policy and now allow any kind of diver in the quarry, I would love to visit that place.<br><br>Good luck!<br><br>JJ
07-04-2002, 08:03 PM,
Jeez, insurance?????<br>I was told someone just dived there and had great viz, etc.  No mention of insurance restriction, although I see that on the website now that I looked.<br>I am going to call Friday AM to find out if my DAN insurance and my health and liablility ins meet the reqmnt.<br>Largest/deepest pit is Melrose Deep/Pit#2.  116ft deep,  about 300' x 700' in size.  By comparison, Louise at Crosby is about 120 ft deep and about 880' x 1000' in size.<br>I've heard bad accessibility (steep/rocky).  If probs, I'll be heading to Crosby sat AM.<br>Dan
Dan L
07-05-2002, 05:42 AM,
COMMERCIAL INSURANCE REQUIRED!<br><br>Talked to Stearns Co. parks this AM about diving in the quarries.  Absolutely NOT allowed without extensive liability insurance coverage naming Stearns Co as beneficiary.<br><br>Guess I'll be diving Crosby  Saturday.<br><br>Dan
Dan L
07-08-2002, 03:21 PM,
Dan-<br>I went up to Quarry Park on sun. It is a half mile walk to the quarry that you can swim in, one way. Lots of kids cliff diving and no real place to set up gear. I couldn't find quarry #18 which is the only quarry that is to be used for diving. The bugs were BAD. The water was clear but there was nothing to see, but I was only free diving. If some one could find #18 and get permission to dive and sink a platform it could be good diving-but it seems it is more trouble then it is worth.  But still a neat place to check out. <br><br>If anyone else wants to check this place out take 94 toward St. Cloud to exit #164 (its highway 23) turn right on highway 23 and take your next right on Bel Clare DR. Turn left when the street ends onto 137. The park is maybe a half mile down on the right hand side with a big sign that says Quarry Park. It's $3.50 to park-no bathrooms. Bring bug-spray!!!
07-08-2002, 08:39 PM,
Thanks for the scouting report.  Looks like this one may not be a dive destination yet, but has promise for the future.<br>Dan
Dan L