Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving on the 4th
07-04-2002, 07:19 PM,
Diving on the 4th
I had a great time diving with Mark N, and Alec, and we had some wonderful bright sunny weather.  We met at the Perch Lake parking area as planned.  We went along the south shore for the  first dive and vis was fair to about 24 feet and then it got better. We had about 15 feet or so vis in the deeper water.  I brought my metal detector along to see if I could find anything.  I found some coins in the shallow area, and in the deeper water I found an old Shmidt beer can that was in very good shape.  By sight I found a couple pair of sunglasses and a blue Victoria Secret underwire bra.  Mark claims its not his.  ha ha .  Mark found a .243 bullet ( live round )  More stuff for the dive shrine.  <br>We took the dive to about 50 feet and still had pretty good vis at that depth.  <br>The 2nd dive we went along the east shore and vis was  good at a depth of 28 feet or deeper.  By this time there was a good amount of people enjoying the water. So things were stirred up a bit in the shallow areas.   There were a few small fish to look at and some huge snails.  Good diving with you.  Thanks guys.<br><br>jerry<br><br><br><br> <br>
GO DIVING!
07-05-2002, 01:03 PM,
Re: Diving on the 4th
Jerry & Alek,<br>Was an awesome dive with GREAT scenery, thanks for pointing some of it out for me Jerry :-)<br>Weather couldn't have been any better and only 3 or 4 bites from the MN state Bird LOL<br>Mark
A bad day of diving is still better than a good day at the office............