Remember me
Lost Password Register

Spirtwood Lake
08-04-2003, 07:45 PM,
Spirtwood Lake
I know few of you have been wanting a report from spirtwood lake(by Jamestown ND). on Sun finely had time to get there.
Dove from the game and fish on North side, finaly got a dock in BTW. Vis was about 10 ft water temp was quite comfortable. Saw several large fish about 16 inches, not good at iding fish. Saw quite a few old bottles(left them all there). Tons of cray fish running all around. All around a very nice dive.

Talked to Tim at Micks and he said the beach on the south side is a good dive. To left(west) is a good drop off(above water) that indians chased off of and would butcher on ice, lots of bones and fish over there. on right is one of the springs that feed the lake.

Only problem with beach is there seams to have lots of boat launching and activity there latly.

On a side note my air consumption and bouancy have realy clicked. Was at 20-30 ft for 1:05, used 1500 psi and that included lots of crazy fish chasing Big Grin .

If anyone wants to dive up there it wont take much arm twisting for me to go there.

Tim
08-05-2003, 08:17 AM,
Re:Spirtwood Lake
If I ever get up there...Fargo is my old stomping grounds. Gee , I thought North Dakota diving consisted of rather full drainage ditches!!! Wink
Seriously , sounds like a cool lake to take a peek at.

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
08-05-2003, 10:08 AM,
Re:Spirtwood Lake
Tim,
Thanks for the Spiritwood Update.. Surprised to hear how good it was. If ever I get over there I'll give a call. Still hoping to snag a ND walleye or northern...
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
07-22-2007, 11:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-23-2007, 12:02 AM by murdy.)
Re: Spirtwood Lake
I dove Spiritwood Lake on Saturday (July 22, 2007).   Went off the DNR's boat ramp on the south side.  Vis was horrible about 2-3 ft.  I still had a blast though.   Lot's of fish and crawfish.  Would love to find where the boneyard is that everyone talks of.  If anyone can tell me how to find it please share.  Looking forward to going again soon.