Remember me
Lost Password Register

Need Help to find missing diver at Square Lake
08-04-2003, 09:49 PM,
Need Help to find missing diver at Square Lake
Smile This past weekend I assisted in a rescue diver class. In this instance we used a Inflated Frog named FRED. Fred was tied to a weight with a bright yellow line. about 8ft long. I placed Fred 8 kick cycles on a 300 degree heading from the 1st base platform. This is the platform that has an old bag phone on it in case you have to call 911.

Well as luck would have it, the Rescue divers could not locate Fred. So, I as the D.M. and the diver who placed it there went out to retrieve Fred. I burned 2000 pounds looking for Fred. I could not find him either. Oh by the way Fred is diving D.I.R. triples. He should have lots of air as he doesn't use much air. Plus it is 40% nitrox so you dont have to worry about bring him up to quick because his nitogen loading will be minimal. He should not be in more than 25" of water.

There could be a few answers as to why I could not find him.
1. Somebody "rescued" him before either our rescue divers or i could find him.
2. The weight was to heavy and sucked him down into the muck.
3. I'm just a palin lousy retriever.

I know alot of people on this board dive Square on a regular basis. If anybody finds frd i would be willing to buy an air fill at the shop of their choice.
Let me know.
Let's see how many good rescue divers we have on this board.
:'(
09-03-2003, 03:30 PM,
Re:Need Help to find missing diver at Square Lake
Did you ever find Fred?

I saw him 8/17 about where you said he was. He was floating a few feet off the ground and was about the size of a beer can, maybe a little smaller. I was assisting an OW class when a DM candidate starting winding the string around him. I remembered this posting and signaled him to stop. I told him later that was a rescue class victim. There were two dive shops doing a rescue class that Sunday so I thought you may have brought Fred Jr.

Also if anyone lost a cinder block with a rope tied to it, I know where that is also ;D - Joel can find it tonight.

Derrick
09-03-2003, 07:33 PM,
Re:Need Help to find missing diver at Square Lake
Hey Thanks for the info. No we have not located Fred yet. I will be out at square this weekend hoping to look again. If you get a chance, pick him up. Remember a free tank of air for whover finds him. Thanks
CJ Smile