Remember me
Lost Password Register

Western MN
06-04-2004, 04:53 PM,
Re:Western MN
I keep meaning to try Watab if for no other reason than that my parents live in Sartell and I get up there frequently.

JoelW
06-15-2011, 06:14 PM,
Re: Western MN
There are a few lake up by willmar, but most are shallow and limited viz, I have heard that Norway is a fairly clear one though. Alao If you travel to Alexandria there are alot of lake I have dove up there with varying results
07-09-2011, 12:37 AM,
Okoboji is decent diving, and probably pretty close to you.  Blue Water divers is right on the lake by Arnolds Park.
Steve T.
07-18-2011, 12:53 PM,
Re:Western MN
which watab are you refering to? big watab, little watab, or watab? all three are on the same watab river.

Id like to figure out how to get into little watab, more to fish than anything.

we dove big watab afew weeks ago. vis on north end by boat launch was probably around 15ft on surface, then dropped down lower between 15-25ft(got cloudy) then opened up again as you got deeper, on south end oposite the boat launch roughly same conditions, slightly cloudier in the 10-20ft range, but Crystal clear water that was Ice cold below 25ft. also darker water.highly recomend! water near the boat launch is shallow.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
07-21-2011, 02:21 PM,
You won't blow to many bubbles in Montevideo.

I recently located to Benson from St. Cloud, talk about no-mans land. I typically meet my buds from the cities up in Crosby/Ironton to dive, as far as the St. Cloud pits go, if you have 10-15 minutes to kill, go ahead and dive them.

I lived in Willmar from 2004 to 2006, dove Green a bunch of times because it was close. Best time to dive Green is in October, fewer boats on the lake and a good opportunity to look for underwater treasures that have fallen overboard in front of Little Melvins.

Big Watab, west of St. Joe is okay, there are a couple underwater islands you can dive around, but will need a boat to get to them.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201