Remember me
Lost Password Register

Drysuit latex neck seals
08-15-2003, 06:04 PM,
Re:Drysuit latex neck seals

As far as the neck seal...HAIR!!! (OUCH... :o) I am almost tempted to try Fred's method. However , I have been using powder/talc and it seems to work just fine (most of the time...)

Jean Smile

P.S. And if anyone needs KY Jelly , let me know... Wink
[/quote]

And why do you have such an ample supply of previous mentioned product :o
PADI - AOW, DPV, Dry Suit, Wreck, TDI Nitrox
65 Dives and growing.
Deepest Dive - 132' Lighthouse, Bonaire
Deepest Wreck - 130' Hilma Hooker, Bonaire
08-18-2003, 08:49 AM,
No MIX , I meant I would go in and purchase the seal-lubricant at the drug store for people!!! :-[

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
08-18-2003, 10:50 AM,
Ah, you've brought clarity to my foggy mind once again....

Now, back on topic..... I'm currently using a Dive Rite 905 with attached hood, and hate it (the hood) >Sad by the way...

Has anyone noticed a difference in the durability of neck seals with/without the attached hood?
PADI - AOW, DPV, Dry Suit, Wreck, TDI Nitrox
65 Dives and growing.
Deepest Dive - 132' Lighthouse, Bonaire
Deepest Wreck - 130' Hilma Hooker, Bonaire
08-21-2003, 02:04 PM,
I just wanted to report a happy ending with the neck seal problem. I had the blown seal replaced by Going Under. They replaced the seal in a week and the cost was around $75. The new seal looks like it was factory installed. Nice job.
--Jason
08-21-2003, 02:11 PM,
Good deal. Did you get a standard seal or the heavier one like your suit originally came with?
08-21-2003, 05:27 PM,
Gosh, I don't know. The seal looks the same to me. I was able to pick from three different styles of neck seals. I picked the one that looked identical to my old seal.
--Jason
08-27-2003, 08:34 PM,
When I bought my drysuit I was told to use food grade silicon lubricant. I have seen the spray version at a few dive shops in town and use it before and after every dive. Wink It works great and no messy white powder all over. Does it boil down to personal preference or maybe seal type? It sure seems to keep the seals wet, slippery and looking good.
08-27-2003, 10:54 PM,
No silicone!!!! That's what I was told by DUI. The silicone gets on the fabric (neoprene or trilam) of the drysuit, and when the seals do need to be replaced, it is impossible to get the glue to stick to the fabric because it has become impregnated with silicone.
Fragrance free talc and corn starch are the only two things I've heard that should be used.
Dan L