Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wed 8-27 Fun Dive
08-26-2003, 10:53 AM,
Wed 8-27 Fun Dive
Hi all,
This week's Wednesday fun dive will take place as usual. Sounds like there will be plenty of people out there to buddy up with for all the single divers planning to attend.

It also sounds like there will be some wonderful entertainment underwater for your viewing pleasure. Al (Mix) is planning to juggle 3- 2lb weights while eating an apple underwater, while Jean, Chris W, and Dan L double-dutch on the chain-link platform. Sounds like you don't want to miss this one.

The BBQ will kick off in the early evening followed by a righteous night dive for all of the nocturnal divers.

The trailer won't be available for on-site air fills, so please come in to to the shop to top off the tanks before hand.

See you there!

Darin

Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
08-26-2003, 11:20 AM,
Re:Wed 8-27 Fun Dive
So there will actually be a night dive, not just one lone soul paddling about in the dark?

Joel
08-26-2003, 12:00 PM,
Joel , I PROMISE I will night dive this time. No rescue class the next day. I can't wait to see Mix juggle those weights. Maybe we can switch them with 8 lbs'ers. Wink Maybe we should get a bowling ball and do a toss-around while he juggles!!! And I wonder if we have to make a UWAED for the apple devouring? :o

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
08-26-2003, 12:14 PM,
I have a bowling ball I can bring, if I don't have to work wed.

I went bowling one night after diving and was thinking about a post I read about bowling balls floating. I asked the owner of the bowling alley if he had any old balls so I could see if it was true. He gave me one, but it was fairly heavy. I tried it out- it doesn't quite float, but it sure is easy to toss around.

I then took it home and drilled a bunch of holes around the thumbhole, then attatched an eyelet to it. I was planning on tieing it to a platform, then filling it with air so it would float like a balloon. I haven't yet since I was debating about whether or not that would be littlering up the lakes, or providing something for dives to see.

Scott
08-26-2003, 01:11 PM,
Alright, let me chime in here.... I thought the rescue class was done.... Juggling 3 -2lb wts, or 8 pounders depending on who wins, and eating an apple sounds like a scenario for rescue...Let me update my Will before I head out there.

I WON"T actually be there tomorrow :'( ... I finally passed the entrance exam and have Kindergarten orientation tomorrow. I go to meet my new teacher and find my classroom. If I get done early, I'll stop out for the night dive though... Gotta try out my new thermals before superior on the weekend.
PADI - AOW, DPV, Dry Suit, Wreck, TDI Nitrox
65 Dives and growing.
Deepest Dive - 132' Lighthouse, Bonaire
Deepest Wreck - 130' Hilma Hooker, Bonaire
08-26-2003, 07:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2003, 07:31 PM by JoelW.)
Since the viz at Square seems to be reasonably decent out past the platforms towards fish island I will probably bring the video setup along. If anyone wants a bit of video of themselves let me know.

JoelW