Remember me
Lost Password Register

Underwater World
09-03-2003, 03:31 AM,
Underwater World
Has anyone "Dived With the Sharks" at UW World at the Mall of America? How was it, and would you recommend it to others?
Thanks....
panda
Enthusiasm is contagious. Start an epidemic.
09-03-2003, 06:37 AM,
Re:Underwater World
I know several from the board have been there.. I did a search for "mall" in the archives of Get Togethers and came up with this thread.. it's got info you might be interested in.

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
09-03-2003, 07:28 AM,
this link has a report from a MOA dive.

i thought it was fun. i've done it twice. its nice
to do in the winter when you are havng withdrawal

09-03-2003, 11:52 AM,
thanks for the info guys!
a guy in my cert class wanted to do this for his birthday (next week!) with our cert class and instructor. I look forward to going....assuming he doesn't chicken out....hehehe!
09-03-2003, 12:08 PM,
If you have, I think, 5 people, you can get a discount if you belong to a "dive club"...At least thats the way it rolled out for us last time. And the dive is really a blast!!! And tell them you don't want the same amount of weight for both dives. They will overweight you for the fresh-water side so you don't have to switch weights in-between.

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
09-03-2003, 12:14 PM,
I've also been interested in diving the MOA. Keep us posted as to how it turned out.
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
09-13-2003, 07:41 PM,
I have done the MOA, and would definitely dive it again, though it's a great winter dive, when there's nothing else available.
-Dave
09-14-2003, 09:42 AM,
It was really cool, I'll definately be doing it again this winter. Hand feeding sturgeons is a blast, and I found a shark tooth as well. Finders keepers! Wink
09-15-2003, 07:18 AM,
I'd love to go this winter as well. Keep me/us posted. Smile
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
11-15-2003, 10:50 PM,
Today a group of us dove at UnderWater World at the MOA. It was a truly fantastic time. The sturgeon are huge! I found quite the collection of shark teeth in the Cove as well. I highly recommend this to anyone who has the diving itch this winter.
If anyone has questions I would be happy to answer....Smile