Remember me
Lost Password Register

PADI ENRICHED AIR INSTRUCTOR
02-06-2004, 03:45 PM,
PADI ENRICHED AIR INSTRUCTOR
I called the PADI Office this afternoon and learned that Maggiedoodle was in fact correct. A person does not in fact have to have the PADI Enriched Air Diver as a prereq to become a PADI Enriched Air Instructor.

I was told by my Course Director at ProDive in Ft. Lauderdale, that in order to become a PADI Enriched Air Instructor, I first had to become a PADI Enriched Air Diver.

I questioned it because I showed him my certifications, I was already certified by TDI in Nitrox & Advanced Nitrox & Decompression Procedures.

Their were several of us that had to go thru the PADI Enriched Air Diver course, which meant paying ProDive another $199.

I did enjoy my time at ProDive, but be careful. It did seem like everytime you turned you had to get your checkbook out.
David A. Torry<br />Cell (612)799-4333
02-06-2004, 04:46 PM,
Re:PADI ENRICHED AIR INSTRUCTOR
Nice to hear. Will you be gettig a refund on that $199.00? I hope you call the owner of Pro Dive and fill him in on what you found out or PADI will call and set them straight. When I go for training I always have their phone number just in case I think I might be getting a run around.
02-06-2004, 04:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2004, 05:26 PM by Freedive WI.)
Welcome to the world of PADI. Wink

I became a PADI nitrox instructor after showing my IANTD cards and I am a Tec-Rec Gas Blending instructor by using my TDI credentials, plus and the required amount of fills, time ect.

Jon
&quot;Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge.&quot; -Charles Darwin
02-09-2004, 10:49 PM,
When I told PADI that ProDive required me to take the PADI Enriched Air Diver Course, even though I was already TDI Certified, PADI simply said, "We don't want to get involved".

Thanks PADI. SDI/TDI is looking better all the time.
David A. Torry<br />Cell (612)799-4333