MNScuba.com

Full Version: Other Hobbies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am just interested in taking an informal poll as to what the members do for hobbies when they are not scuba diving.
I'll start it off- I also like to fix, computers, setup home networks. any takers.....?

8)
other hobbies, hobbies... reading the bboards like mnscuba, computers and software (no games), the shooting sports and firearms, hunting, doing google searches on everything I have a question or interest in, like to play basketball (even if I'm getting a bit old for that one), lately, designing houses on the computer, but my dream hobby will be turning an MCI or Prevost into a motorhome someday. My list could go on and on.. motorcycles, carpentry, mechanics, and of course.. the grand kids and family.
I found it on e-bay....
Fred
I coch youth hockey, and football. I work on computers(pretty bad that I do my job as a hobby Smile ) lan parties

I enjoy candel lite dinners and long walks on the beech (sorry wrong post)
- Astronomy, I have a 4" refractor telescope - but have not been out lately -

- Kids, 5 & 3 yr old boys - 95% of free time

- Camping, Madeline island, north shore

- Music festivals, Winnepeg Folk Fest, Mn Bluegrass & Old Time ...

- the "Y", that DIR guilt trip about my beer belly Smile

- computers, NOT (only at work...)
My main winter vice is model railroading. I also restore cars, build and work on stock cars >Sad(pain in the rear got to get out of that one :-\), and play general hot rodder.

Timmy P.
There's life outside of the water? Wink

Biking- Road and mountain, although pulling my daughter in the Burley trailer is what I seem to do the most nowadays.

Kayaking- I own a dive kayak and a very sweet surfski that I use on the local lakes and on Michigan. I've also paddled in La Paz and through the Apostle's.

Photography- mostly underwater and family pictures. Recently switched from film to digital.

Skiing, when there's snow. Both XC and telemarking.

Surfing scuba boards during nap times. ;D

Jon
Outside of the diving thing

Soccer - going to our boys soccer games four times a week since it is about that season

Cycling - I am one of the strange ones laying on my back with the chainring way out in front about 60-80 miles a week. I will make the generalization that recumbents are pretty cool. The wife and I also go tandem with each of us pulling one of our boys on trailer bikes on the weekends.

Photography - After going digital a few years ago I bought a DSLR over the winter and have been having a lot of fun with it shooting family and nature.

Kayaking and Canoeing - Kayaking by myself, canoeing with the family

Snowshoeing during the winter. I tried sandshoeing and leafshoeing but they don't have the same feel.

JoelW
Fishing- Trout, Northern, Walleye, Panfish.
Hockey- Pickup and I Referee.
Camping-traveling
A fairly extensive DVD collection
I have way too many hobbies and they are all expensive. Wink I enjoy camping, biking, downhill skiing. I like drilling holes in my house and generally trying to fix stuff. I mess around with my reef aquarium from time to time. I'm involved in several charitable and professional organizations.
Fixing stuff, Sailing, Downhill/Water skiing, Dancing, Board games, Vollyball
Pages: 1 2