Remember me
Lost Password Register

Other Hobbies
04-27-2004, 12:12 PM,
Other Hobbies
I am just interested in taking an informal poll as to what the members do for hobbies when they are not scuba diving.
I'll start it off- I also like to fix, computers, setup home networks. any takers.....?

8)
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
04-27-2004, 12:38 PM,
Re:Other Hobbies
other hobbies, hobbies... reading the bboards like mnscuba, computers and software (no games), the shooting sports and firearms, hunting, doing google searches on everything I have a question or interest in, like to play basketball (even if I'm getting a bit old for that one), lately, designing houses on the computer, but my dream hobby will be turning an MCI or Prevost into a motorhome someday. My list could go on and on.. motorcycles, carpentry, mechanics, and of course.. the grand kids and family.
I found it on e-bay....
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
04-27-2004, 01:46 PM,
I coch youth hockey, and football. I work on computers(pretty bad that I do my job as a hobby Smile ) lan parties

I enjoy candel lite dinners and long walks on the beech (sorry wrong post)
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
04-27-2004, 03:04 PM,
- Astronomy, I have a 4" refractor telescope - but have not been out lately -

- Kids, 5 & 3 yr old boys - 95% of free time

- Camping, Madeline island, north shore

- Music festivals, Winnepeg Folk Fest, Mn Bluegrass & Old Time ...

- the "Y", that DIR guilt trip about my beer belly Smile

- computers, NOT (only at work...)
04-27-2004, 03:06 PM,
My main winter vice is model railroading. I also restore cars, build and work on stock cars >Sad(pain in the rear got to get out of that one :-\), and play general hot rodder.

Timmy P.
04-27-2004, 03:22 PM,
There's life outside of the water? Wink

Biking- Road and mountain, although pulling my daughter in the Burley trailer is what I seem to do the most nowadays.

Kayaking- I own a dive kayak and a very sweet surfski that I use on the local lakes and on Michigan. I've also paddled in La Paz and through the Apostle's.

Photography- mostly underwater and family pictures. Recently switched from film to digital.

Skiing, when there's snow. Both XC and telemarking.

Surfing scuba boards during nap times. ;D

Jon

Attached Files
.jpg   jon_flies.jpg (Size: 37.86 KB / Downloads: 52)
.jpg_thumb   jon_flies.jpg_thumb (Size: 22.65 KB / Downloads: 0)
&quot;Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge.&quot; -Charles Darwin
04-27-2004, 07:48 PM,
Outside of the diving thing

Soccer - going to our boys soccer games four times a week since it is about that season

Cycling - I am one of the strange ones laying on my back with the chainring way out in front about 60-80 miles a week. I will make the generalization that recumbents are pretty cool. The wife and I also go tandem with each of us pulling one of our boys on trailer bikes on the weekends.

Photography - After going digital a few years ago I bought a DSLR over the winter and have been having a lot of fun with it shooting family and nature.

Kayaking and Canoeing - Kayaking by myself, canoeing with the family

Snowshoeing during the winter. I tried sandshoeing and leafshoeing but they don't have the same feel.

JoelW
04-27-2004, 08:11 PM,
Fishing- Trout, Northern, Walleye, Panfish.
Hockey- Pickup and I Referee.
Camping-traveling
A fairly extensive DVD collection
-Matt
04-27-2004, 08:46 PM,
I have way too many hobbies and they are all expensive. Wink I enjoy camping, biking, downhill skiing. I like drilling holes in my house and generally trying to fix stuff. I mess around with my reef aquarium from time to time. I'm involved in several charitable and professional organizations.
--Jason
05-02-2004, 02:02 AM,
Fixing stuff, Sailing, Downhill/Water skiing, Dancing, Board games, Vollyball
Leon