MNScuba.com

Full Version: extra equipment on BC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I was wondering what extra equipment people are putting on their bc when diving,

knives, markers, bailout bottles.....

being new to the sport I was looking for idea on what works, what is not needed and so on.

Thanks Big Grin
Here's what I mount on my harness:
*backup-light clipped off on shoulder D-Ring with the bezel secured under the arm to the harness with bungee cord.
*canister light mounted on harness on the right side of hip
*spg clipped off on the left hip D-Ring
*small knife mounted on the harness front/left side waist
Anything else I carry goes in my drysuit bellows pockets

I'm just like Lonnie. "Less is better."
I too carry a backup light and a pair of seasnips for entanglements. They'll cut through anything and easier to use than a knife. I also carry a set of tables with me just in case.
Agreed, attach as little as possible to your bc harness. Keep it clean. The christmas tree look is out. I dive the same configuration as Lonnie.
When I scuba dive, which still happens every once in a while Wink, I dive the same as Lonnie- with maybe a stage bottle, or two, and an argon bottle on the left hip.

Jon
I'm with the rest of them. Same configuration. We might as well move this to the DIR forum Wink
Hey I'll never forget the famous line f/ a dive hand on a Blackbeard Cruise I went on last Nov... "come with me, you walking dive shop, this way" as he was guiding him ahead of me coming up the aft boat ladder after a great dive. This guy had a back everything attached to his BC. Incedently - he does own a dive shop!! Big Grin
I have two backup lights - one clipped to each shoulder d-ring and held down with a piece of innertube.

My canister light, on the right hand side. A safety reel, on my left hip d-ring.

My SGS is also clipped on my left shoulder d-ring, but that's not really an "extra" clipped on my BC.