Remember me
Lost Password Register

extra equipment on BC
04-30-2004, 10:28 AM,
extra equipment on BC
Hi,

I was wondering what extra equipment people are putting on their bc when diving,

knives, markers, bailout bottles.....

being new to the sport I was looking for idea on what works, what is not needed and so on.

Thanks Big Grin
04-30-2004, 11:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-30-2004, 11:25 AM by LKunze.)
Re:extra equipment on BC
Here's what I mount on my harness:
*backup-light clipped off on shoulder D-Ring with the bezel secured under the arm to the harness with bungee cord.
*canister light mounted on harness on the right side of hip
*spg clipped off on the left hip D-Ring
*small knife mounted on the harness front/left side waist
Anything else I carry goes in my drysuit bellows pockets

04-30-2004, 11:25 AM,
I'm just like Lonnie. "Less is better."
04-30-2004, 11:26 AM,
I too carry a backup light and a pair of seasnips for entanglements. They'll cut through anything and easier to use than a knife. I also carry a set of tables with me just in case.
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
04-30-2004, 01:12 PM,
Agreed, attach as little as possible to your bc harness. Keep it clean. The christmas tree look is out. I dive the same configuration as Lonnie.
--Jason
04-30-2004, 01:25 PM,
When I scuba dive, which still happens every once in a while Wink, I dive the same as Lonnie- with maybe a stage bottle, or two, and an argon bottle on the left hip.

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
04-30-2004, 04:48 PM,
I'm with the rest of them. Same configuration. We might as well move this to the DIR forum Wink
04-30-2004, 05:06 PM,
Hey I'll never forget the famous line f/ a dive hand on a Blackbeard Cruise I went on last Nov... "come with me, you walking dive shop, this way" as he was guiding him ahead of me coming up the aft boat ladder after a great dive. This guy had a back everything attached to his BC. Incedently - he does own a dive shop!! Big Grin
05-14-2004, 08:54 AM,
I have two backup lights - one clipped to each shoulder d-ring and held down with a piece of innertube.

My canister light, on the right hand side. A safety reel, on my left hip d-ring.

My SGS is also clipped on my left shoulder d-ring, but that's not really an "extra" clipped on my BC.
Everyone spends the first nine months of their life in water - the lucky ones make frequent return visits.