MNScuba.com

Full Version: Fuel - Who has the best (Poll)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just want to know where I should be filling up...
it realy doesn't matter much as most of it comes from the same refinerys and often from the same tanks to be shiped to the stores.
I would pay more attention to who is shiping the fuel for them. some noname stores use noname trucking co. and then you have a higher chance of water in the fuel richt after a truck delivers.
(sorry I used to work for Dupont)
I get whatever is in the vehicle I siphon the fuel from... I usually pick the really, really big SUVs, what's a few gallons to them??? ;D
stay away from the scuburban or I'll put poprocks in your rebreather ;D
You guys are cracking me up! ;D

I don't know which was funnier- stealing gas from the big SUV's or the "pop-rock" comment. Wink

I do know that I was diving with some freedivers from the UK earlier this year and they are paying over $4.50 A GALLON, so we don't have too much to complain about- yet. Wink

Jon

I think high fuel prices are a good thing. Just look at the effect it has had on SUV sales. At $4.50 a gallon, people that done need to drive might actually start using public transportation.

I made this modification to by Blazer a month ago:

(1) Took the electronics head off my Inspiration and mounted it to the engine;

(2) Ran short hose from the head to the engine air intake, then ran extra looooog hose from the exhaust back to the head;

(3) Packed the muffler full of scrubber medium;

(4) Ran handsets into instrument panel... the only draw back is I have to average my speed per voting logic.

Don't know why it works, but I get 100 miles per gallon, 75 mph when I crack the 02 cylinder (acts as supercharger). And running trimix through it gives it that oh-so-popular 'high-performance' engine whine!

I need to change the scrubber every 100 miles, though. :'(

The yellow shell acts as a spare wheel cover. I stitched the harness to the seat, now acts as a three point safety harness. The counter lungs are rigged as additional airbags.

It is now the Reblazer. See you around! ;D

Well Chris, did you get the answer(s) your where looking for? I thought not.

I try to find the least expensive place (that looks decent, as per MNLakeDiver said). Oh, and they have to carry 'Slim-Jim, Tabasco' sticks.
Not really, no... looks like Amoco/BP and Holiday tied at 3 votes each with Kwik Trip the only other one with a vote coming in at 1.

Makes sense to me... I was just wondering if some stations had better additives, etc than others.
the beef and bean burrito at SA tends to give off high octain gas ;D
Pages: 1 2