Remember me
Lost Password Register

Poll: Who has the best quality fuel among these?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Amoco / BP
44.44%
4 44.44%
Kwik Trip
11.11%
1 11.11%
Holiday
44.44%
4 44.44%
SA (Super America)
0%
0 0%
Sinclair
0%
0 0%
Greenway
0%
0 0%
Conoco
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Fuel - Who has the best (Poll)
10-12-2004, 12:01 PM,
Fuel - Who has the best (Poll)
Just want to know where I should be filling up...
10-12-2004, 06:21 PM,
Re:Fuel - Who has the best (Poll)
it realy doesn't matter much as most of it comes from the same refinerys and often from the same tanks to be shiped to the stores.
I would pay more attention to who is shiping the fuel for them. some noname stores use noname trucking co. and then you have a higher chance of water in the fuel richt after a truck delivers.
(sorry I used to work for Dupont)
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
10-13-2004, 08:34 AM,
I get whatever is in the vehicle I siphon the fuel from... I usually pick the really, really big SUVs, what's a few gallons to them??? ;D
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
10-13-2004, 08:44 AM,
stay away from the scuburban or I'll put poprocks in your rebreather ;D
10-13-2004, 11:36 AM,
You guys are cracking me up! ;D

I don't know which was funnier- stealing gas from the big SUV's or the "pop-rock" comment. Wink

I do know that I was diving with some freedivers from the UK earlier this year and they are paying over $4.50 A GALLON, so we don't have too much to complain about- yet. Wink

Jon

&quot;Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge.&quot; -Charles Darwin
10-13-2004, 12:38 PM,

I think high fuel prices are a good thing. Just look at the effect it has had on SUV sales. At $4.50 a gallon, people that done need to drive might actually start using public transportation.

10-13-2004, 02:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2004, 02:25 PM by Mark Y.)
I made this modification to by Blazer a month ago:

(1) Took the electronics head off my Inspiration and mounted it to the engine;

(2) Ran short hose from the head to the engine air intake, then ran extra looooog hose from the exhaust back to the head;

(3) Packed the muffler full of scrubber medium;

(4) Ran handsets into instrument panel... the only draw back is I have to average my speed per voting logic.

Don't know why it works, but I get 100 miles per gallon, 75 mph when I crack the 02 cylinder (acts as supercharger). And running trimix through it gives it that oh-so-popular 'high-performance' engine whine!

I need to change the scrubber every 100 miles, though. :'(

The yellow shell acts as a spare wheel cover. I stitched the harness to the seat, now acts as a three point safety harness. The counter lungs are rigged as additional airbags.

It is now the Reblazer. See you around! ;D

'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
10-13-2004, 02:24 PM,
Well Chris, did you get the answer(s) your where looking for? I thought not.

I try to find the least expensive place (that looks decent, as per MNLakeDiver said). Oh, and they have to carry 'Slim-Jim, Tabasco' sticks.
10-13-2004, 03:24 PM,
Not really, no... looks like Amoco/BP and Holiday tied at 3 votes each with Kwik Trip the only other one with a vote coming in at 1.

Makes sense to me... I was just wondering if some stations had better additives, etc than others.
10-13-2004, 06:31 PM,
the beef and bean burrito at SA tends to give off high octain gas ;D