MNScuba.com

Full Version: OK , who's out watching for iceout !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey , I GOTTA KNOW !!!!

I checked my logbook from last year , and ITS GETTING CLOSE !!!!
Of course , without first hand checking I am guessing here ...  :o

I mean , has it moved away from the shoreline yet ?  Is it getting all crumbly ???

Jean   Wink

The lake I live on (small) has about one foot wide open along my shore. It usually is open 3 days to a weekand a half ahead of the larger lakes. Some years I end up with 5 or 6 loons out here waiting for Green to open. I think we'll be late this year, the past few weeks had colder than average temps.
lake pulaski in Buffalo still has 18+ inches of ice accourding to one of my customers.
The temperature is supposed to be around 60 degrees all this week  ;D
Too bad I have to wait for May to do my open water dives  :'(

decoeric

I got an email from a friend down in the Wazee area, he said the ice is still there but will keep me posted as to the conditions, I am betting before the weekend of April 10th it will be gone...

eric
The last 2 years, ice out was april 4th on the lakes I checked.  Today I was driving by Lake Calhoun around 2:00 and the minneapolis fire dept. had their hovercraft out there.  Hopefully it was just a drill, but more than likly it was a rescue.  There was 6 feet of open water around the shore.  There should be some big open spots by Sun. I would think.  See you in the water!
Drove out to Square Lake today. Looks like it  will be a week or so, still lots of ice. In most places the ice is still up to the shore.

Dan
Same at little long.
We were able to dive today in Minnetonka!!!!!  >Big Grin ;D >Big Grin.  In front of Maynerds, there is a Huge open area due to the bubblemakers that keep the ice away from the piers.  It doesn't get very deep, but it's diving!  Water was a balmy 42 deg.  Vis was 10 ft.
The ice is almost completely off at long lake in New Brighton. If the warm weather keeps up with a little rain it should be soon! Hey scubadog did you find anything? Linda
Pages: 1 2