Remember me
Lost Password Register

OK , who's out watching for iceout !!!
03-28-2005, 11:58 AM,
OK , who's out watching for iceout !!!
Hey , I GOTTA KNOW !!!!

I checked my logbook from last year , and ITS GETTING CLOSE !!!!
Of course , without first hand checking I am guessing here ...  :o

I mean , has it moved away from the shoreline yet ?  Is it getting all crumbly ???

Jean   Wink

How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
03-28-2005, 12:37 PM,
Re: OK , who's out watching for iceout !!!
The lake I live on (small) has about one foot wide open along my shore. It usually is open 3 days to a weekand a half ahead of the larger lakes. Some years I end up with 5 or 6 loons out here waiting for Green to open. I think we'll be late this year, the past few weeks had colder than average temps.
03-28-2005, 12:39 PM,
lake pulaski in Buffalo still has 18+ inches of ice accourding to one of my customers.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
03-28-2005, 01:29 PM,
The temperature is supposed to be around 60 degrees all this week  ;D
Too bad I have to wait for May to do my open water dives  :'(
03-29-2005, 07:44 AM,
I got an email from a friend down in the Wazee area, he said the ice is still there but will keep me posted as to the conditions, I am betting before the weekend of April 10th it will be gone...

eric
03-29-2005, 02:28 PM,
The last 2 years, ice out was april 4th on the lakes I checked.  Today I was driving by Lake Calhoun around 2:00 and the minneapolis fire dept. had their hovercraft out there.  Hopefully it was just a drill, but more than likly it was a rescue.  There was 6 feet of open water around the shore.  There should be some big open spots by Sun. I would think.  See you in the water!
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
04-02-2005, 05:24 PM,
Drove out to Square Lake today. Looks like it  will be a week or so, still lots of ice. In most places the ice is still up to the shore.

Dan
04-02-2005, 08:34 PM,
Same at little long.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
04-03-2005, 01:35 PM,
We were able to dive today in Minnetonka!!!!!  >Big Grin ;D >Big Grin.  In front of Maynerds, there is a Huge open area due to the bubblemakers that keep the ice away from the piers.  It doesn't get very deep, but it's diving!  Water was a balmy 42 deg.  Vis was 10 ft.
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
04-04-2005, 08:38 AM,
The ice is almost completely off at long lake in New Brighton. If the warm weather keeps up with a little rain it should be soon! Hey scubadog did you find anything? Linda
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers