MNScuba.com

Full Version: Dive Computers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Can anyone offer any feedback on the Suunto Cobra dive computer? I'm thinking about purchasing one in a few days.
From what I've heard (never used one myself), they are really awesome units. I currently use the Suunto Mosquito and it seems to work well. However my next computer will more than likely be an air integrated Uwatec.
I've heard good things about the Cobra too but I prefer wristmounting the computer as opposed to a console. I currently dive the Vyper and like it, but if I had wanted air integration then I'd of gone with the new Vytec over the Cobra just because it is wristmountable and the Cobra isn't.
I have to agree with you guys that the wrist mounted computers are better to work with, but I'm worried that I may lose it. Those things are easy to misplace if you take it off of your wrist if you are on a boat. Thanks for the feedback Smile
<br>I lost a really nice dive watch once because I took it off after the dive and placed on my Jeep's rear bumper. I discovered it missing half-way back from wazee.<br><br>I have had gear break in consoles after only a dozen dives -- mostly from dive boat operators throwing my equipment around.
I have a Suunto Mosquito dive computer and when I went to put it on for a recent ice dive, I found it difficult to secure over the bulk of the dry suit and my undergarments (incl. the extension strap). Instead, I simply strapped it on my analog guage console... something to consider if you want the best of both worlds (a wrist and/or console mount) without your computer being air integrated. Additionally, I've read it's important to have backup systems for the basic dive info systems and this provides that as well.
I have been trying to decide between the Cobra and the VR3, andybody use the VR3 and have good/bad things to say about it?
I'll really like the Cobra a lot, so I don't think you could go wrong with the Cobra.
javlindan, one word... bungies. Replace the wrist strap on your computer with bungies and you can don and remove the wrist computer much easier.
Yep, I did that with my Mosquito after seeing Jason's and Lonnie's setup... much easier in my opinion.
Pages: 1 2 3