MNScuba.com

Full Version: Lake Minneotonka
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know the location of some good dive sites on lake minnetonka? I know the vis is low but heard it was a good in town dive location. Thought I might give it a try if anyone has some info???
Skruff, I was out there doing a cleanup dive with a group about a month ago. We stayed close to the shoreline north of excelsior bay (I think). I would recommend staying closer to shore and away from boats. I plan to go out again in a couple weeks so I am interested in other suggestions. I would like to find one of the wrecks. Anyone have GPS coordinates?<br>
Calc me on too.
I did find some GPS coordinates on I tried to plot them with MapPoint but had some issues converting the format from hours minutes seconds to decimal hours. I must be missing something. I'm sure I can E-Mail someone at that site for some assistance. Take a look and let me know what you think???
Hey Skruff, thanks for the link.
No problem. Let me know if your going in search of one of the sites. I'd love to look also. Also I'm sure I could borrow my father in laws boat since mine is under construction. I think most of the sites are a good swim from shore.
Only place i can finde the place by the coordinates:

but the result does not seem to be very usefull %)

How do you make MapPoint search by metric coordinates?
That Terraserver can convert to mertic, unfatrunateli with sacrifice of accuracy %(
To do it in Map Point I got all the data into Excel and then imported the coordinates into Map Point from that point. Some of the locations look dead on but a few are off in nowhere. That's the part that makes me worry. I did note that a few of the locations had a physical description we could go off of. Worst case is I have a small GPS we could bring along and we just try a few of the locations that way. I believe I can get the GPS to display coordinates in multipule ways.

If we decide to give this a shot some time we could send an e-mail to MN Manatees and see if they would like to either get us better info or even come along???