Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Minneotonka
09-03-2002, 02:05 PM,
Lake Minneotonka
Anyone know the location of some good dive sites on lake minnetonka? I know the vis is low but heard it was a good in town dive location. Thought I might give it a try if anyone has some info???
Chris Bloss
09-03-2002, 09:40 PM,
Re:Lake Minneotonka
Skruff, I was out there doing a cleanup dive with a group about a month ago. We stayed close to the shoreline north of excelsior bay (I think). I would recommend staying closer to shore and away from boats. I plan to go out again in a couple weeks so I am interested in other suggestions. I would like to find one of the wrecks. Anyone have GPS coordinates?<br>
--Jason
09-09-2002, 02:46 PM,
Calc me on too.
09-10-2002, 07:12 AM,
I did find some GPS coordinates on I tried to plot them with MapPoint but had some issues converting the format from hours minutes seconds to decimal hours. I must be missing something. I'm sure I can E-Mail someone at that site for some assistance. Take a look and let me know what you think???
Chris Bloss
09-10-2002, 11:44 AM,
Hey Skruff, thanks for the link.
--Jason
09-10-2002, 11:47 AM,
No problem. Let me know if your going in search of one of the sites. I'd love to look also. Also I'm sure I could borrow my father in laws boat since mine is under construction. I think most of the sites are a good swim from shore.
Chris Bloss
09-10-2002, 12:21 PM,
Only place i can finde the place by the coordinates:

but the result does not seem to be very usefull %)

How do you make MapPoint search by metric coordinates?
That Terraserver can convert to mertic, unfatrunateli with sacrifice of accuracy %(
09-10-2002, 12:31 PM,
To do it in Map Point I got all the data into Excel and then imported the coordinates into Map Point from that point. Some of the locations look dead on but a few are off in nowhere. That's the part that makes me worry. I did note that a few of the locations had a physical description we could go off of. Worst case is I have a small GPS we could bring along and we just try a few of the locations that way. I believe I can get the GPS to display coordinates in multipule ways.

If we decide to give this a shot some time we could send an e-mail to MN Manatees and see if they would like to either get us better info or even come along???
Chris Bloss