MNScuba.com

Full Version: Lac Lavon Lake in Burnsville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey Doug, remember that sign I told you I saw. Go look at Dan G's post in the photo contest! ;D
Nice, was that the sign I missed?  I think the kids did end up getting their boat to shore. 

(as the great Eric Cartman would say, I wonder what some diver could put on the under water dive platform at Lac Lavon...  Hmmmm, how to sneak in a gazing ball or toilet...  hmmmm let me see hereya... If I filled up an old video camera with concrete...)
Went on to Lac Lavon again today.  It Sucked Balls!!!  Vis is 3-5 feet at best and it looks as if all the rain water raised poured off the back yards around the lake and raised the level by about a foot and killed the vis for diving. 

Oh well, time to find another lake.  I really wanted to find that truck and crane people keep telling me about when I'm there.

Is there any lake around with good vis that is less than an hour from the cities or in the cities?
If there is we'd all like to know. Wink  This time of year the viz typically sucks everywhere except for the mine pits and Lake Superior.  Diving within reasonable driving distance (under an hour) of the twin cities is always best in the spring and late fall. 
The storm threat was crap today and even worse, it went over to Wisconsin and Wisconsin sucks for storm chasing so, I went diving. 

Dove Lac "of vis" Lavon today and it was not that bad, 8-10 feet and the weeds were not in yet at the shore.  The water level is down by at least 3 feet  but the stocked fish made it worth it.

I had Sunny's, Cropies, Northerns and Small Mouth Bass all swiming around me and checking out what was up.  For a local dive spot 10 minutes from home, its still pretty sweet considering it takes me longer to get all my gear ready then it does to drive there. 
Yup, Lac Lavon is a handy spot if you or your buddy live in that area!  I've been there two times!  Didn't find my dive shears did you?  They're probably about rusted out now anyway!  Glad to hear you had fun!
If they had and orange handle on them, there sitting on the beach on the south side of the fishing dock.  And they were kind of rusted but I thought they looked like something someone droped while fishing.
Needed to check out the gear one last time before I head south for a while.  I dove Lac Lavon, it was eh, ok for 10 minutes from home.  Surface to 8 feet, vis was maybe 6-8 feet.  Below 8 feet, the vis was under 5 feet.

The best part was seeing the huge turtle.

That thing had to be at least 18 inches or more across.  A couple of huge bass, and a lot of other fish. 

O Rings on the camera housing were just fine and the best part was my tank needed to be drained for inspection.  As I was breaking down my gear, some wanna be Apple Valley caucasian rubbish pulled up cranking his gangsta crap.  Um yeah, amazing how fast they leave when you crack the tank open with 1200 PSI left in it to scream out for several minutes. 
I still need to do my check out dive for the season. Just got my regs & tanks back from inspection. I never thought to drop into Lac Lavon. We'll have to stop in there when you get back. I don't know if I'll be diving this week yet so I'll definitely call you next week. I want to see that turtle. & this time I'll wear my gloves & bring my light!
Had to stay in town today since my jeep was acting up and did not want to go on a road trip. 

I dove Lac Lavon around 2pm and it was not bad.  Vis about 5-7 feet but for that place its still not too bad.  Did not need a wet suit  and the surface water temp was in the 80s with the 15 feet in the 70s.  Shot almost an hours worth of footage.

I did catch a big northern... On Video.  Here is a 15 second video clip of a lake shark.

Pages: 1 2 3 4