MNScuba.com

Full Version: GUE Meeting - Minneapolis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Why the sudden change of heart? This is my first time going to one of these and would like to meet as many local divers as possible, as I am a foreigner to this land. I hope to meet you there! ;D
Hi will adams ,Ken solberg and myself will be attending.
  Jim fro 8) ;D Big Grinm mtc personalluy invited me.
                    Jerry Lang
Vintage diver
It's not about doing it wrong or right. It's about learning and improving. DIR is GUE's philosophy I attended to learn more about it.
John and the folks at MDC Sports, thanks for sponsoring the event.  It was a very interesting, open, and informative discussion. 
thanks for providing an interesting/informative/fun session!

I'd also like to thank John Preston and Jim Campos for helping put this together.  Dan MacKay presented a very nice seminar with some great information. It was nice to hear about GUE/DIR first hand from an actual GUE instructor.  There was a nice turn out for this.  Whether or not any of us that attended decide to pursue GUE/DIR training I think we all came away with a much better perception of what DIR diving is all about.
I appreciate all the thank yous, but I want to thank each of you for attending. I hope this gives everyone a little insight about what GUE is really about and not what is said by those who have not been at one of these functions or through a GUE class.

If you are serious about taking the fundamentals class I would get with Jim Campos or drop me a line and I can get you going in the right direction. For those who got 500+ dives ask Jim how it changed his diving after 20+ years of diving.

Again, thanks for the great attendance and if anyone would like to get Dan MacKay or any other GUE instructor here for another meeting later in the year I would be more than happy to arrange.

Safe Diving.

P.S. Remember it's not about the gear.

John P.
I want to thank all the people who attended the GUE presentation last night. I hope that Dan Mackay was able to answer the questions that people had about the GUE/DIR program.

It was nice to see some old timers (Jerry Lang and his buddies) and new divers too. I also want to personally thank Jason and Lon for allowing us to post our information on MN Scuba.

We have the DIR-F class scheduled for July 5,6,7,8. The first day will be in Rochester, and the next three days will be at Lake Wazee.

Dan will also be teaching a DPV workshop on July 9 & 10.
If you are interested in the DIR-Fundamentals course or the DPV workshopyou can email me at MDC@mdcsports.com

Jim Campos
MDC Sports
Rochester, MN

Thanks John for putting this all together.  It was also a pleasure to meet some of great folks living behind the "screen names."

Joe Velie
Even though I agree with the "bemoaning of the commercialization of the industry argument," did anyone who attended find it somewhat hippocritical to have the message be "the industry has it wrong, learn DIR from me?"

That being said, I think the course does have its place, I would take it if I could afford it, but its place is still within the industry.

Thoughts anyone?
Pages: 1 2 3 4