MNScuba.com

Full Version: Monthly pool session
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I've been thinking about this one for a while and thought I would just post it and get some feed back. I have seen a few posts about people looking for a place to try new gear or looking for a place to get in the water during the dry suit season. So this is something I thought might be fun to start up.

What does everyone think about the idea of trying to find a local pool (Minneapolis Area) we could use on a monthly basis to practice basic diving skills, try out new gear, or just plain get in the water? I'm sure with a little looking and a decent sized group we could rent a pool monthly??

Let me know if you would be interested??

Also let me know if you know if you know of some pools that might allow this type of thing???

Sounds like a good idea to me... even though I live in Rochester, I'd be more than willing to head up to the cities once a month to practice/maintain my diving skills. (And possibly meet new dive buddies!)
I would be interested too. It might be worthwhile to work this out with a local shop. Public pools may have certain insurance requirements that only dive shops can meet.
I would be interested. Sounds like fun!
Very good point about insurance. I will have to inquire about that when talking to any pools about renting. I dive shop is also an option. I think it might be an easier sell to find a pool and check into insurance and then see if a dive shop would sponsor us by providing insurance or a rental fee for the pool.

Guess I will start making some calls..... Any one have some existing contacts???? I know my first call will be to the University to see about there diving well.
Bill at Scuba Daddy's said he would cover a group uder his shop and make necessary arrangements with either the Apple Valley YMCA ($35/2 lanes/hr for the group) or with City of Apple Valley ($150 for the whole pool for the day). Divers split pool cost, Bill makes arrangements and covers group under his shop name. Both pools are very nice. Having the whole pool at Apple Valley Middle School would be great. Been there - a very nice, big pool.
Dan
Yeah, the whole pool for a day would rock! Even if we could only get 5 people it would be $30 for a day of diving... not too shabby once a month. A tank should last a pretty fair amount of time in a 10 foot deep pool! Wink

I like this idea... Will be a great opportunity to works on skills (in WARM water)!
I'm with Chris on this one. I would pay $30 if needed. We of course would want to get as many people involved as possible but 5 is enough to make it happen.

So Dan--- Are you up for picking a date for this or would you like me to make some calls (I thing your about to be appointed our spokesman).....

What do you think is best for a day of the week? Weekend or weeknight???
I'm looking for the same thing (oh rookie diver that I am) a deep pool in which to practice bouyancy control, etc. since I had trouble on my safety stops last year in Cozumel.

I received my very own new equipment from hubby for Christmas and need to try it all out for a trip to Aruba coming up in February. Monthly dips would be excellent for me!
Wow, for being a new thread it's turning out pretty well. Looks like we already have enough interested to make it happen.

I know it's doubtful, but if we can get a weekend day that would work best for me since it's over an hour away. But, I'll take what I can get!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7