MNScuba.com

Full Version: Goose berry falls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
How about a whole bunch of Mnscuba  people get together at the falls and make a couple of dives and have a informal pinic be fore winter sets in?
I was there last week and was wondering it would be to dive there. Plus it's a great campground. My son and I would be up for it.
is your son a diver?
Yep, Advanced. He's 17 (in 2 weeks) and wants to dive up there again. We couldn't get any time to dive while there last time.
What part of Gooseberry falls can you dive in? Can you dive below the falls themselves? I guess that is the only part of the park I have visited.
I've never tried Gooseberry but I think people usually dive at the main picnic area shore access.  Jason and I were going to try diving there once but the wind was blowing into shore with some pretty big waves so we decided not to.
I've snorkeled at gooseberry falls.. but not the "falls", rather, it was at the lake.. not far from gooseberry campground.  nice shore access at the time.. pretty good drop to about 30' or so, just a lot of rock structure.. didn't see a single fish. super cold water for sure.. but still, an interesting dive.  I didn't venture out too far from the entry.  it was kinda neat just looking around all the boulders and checking out the overhangs right at the edge.  I don't think I got any deeper than 40' where I was at.  great vis too.  I'd do it again.
Fred
Would someone pick a date? for me the end of the month would be better, after the RNC.
grumpie
PS pick a time and a place to meet.
Bring food, and family have picnic, all have good time.......
I am awaiting a date for this.  I have to do my Duluth course and would like to schedule it around a get-together if it would work out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5