MNScuba.com

Full Version: Weight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We are getting close to having all our gear.  I'm planning to rent weight and tanks but have everything else now.

I would like to get our own weight just so it is one less thing to rent, but I'm having a bit of sticker shock.  For the two of us - it would cost almost $200 to get weights and that is without any spares or various sizes to be able to adjust weighting as time/equipment changes.

Am I missing something or is there a cheap way to get your own weights?
The shop owners on here would know more but it's my understanding that the price of lead, like other metals, has more than doubled in the last couple years.  I was pretty surprised too when I was pricing my gear this spring. :o
Thanks everyone for the PMs.  I made it into Scuba Dive and Travel and bought up 54 pounds of soft weights from them.  I'm almost thinking I should go back for a little more, but I think that should be enough for us.

Its sad to see the shop go - I wish I would have found it sooner (we just got certified last month).  It looks like a nice place.

If anyone is looking for weight, they have good prices now especially on used hard weights - $1 a pound for those I think.