Remember me
Lost Password Register

Weight
08-14-2008, 09:54 AM,
Weight
We are getting close to having all our gear.  I'm planning to rent weight and tanks but have everything else now.

I would like to get our own weight just so it is one less thing to rent, but I'm having a bit of sticker shock.  For the two of us - it would cost almost $200 to get weights and that is without any spares or various sizes to be able to adjust weighting as time/equipment changes.

Am I missing something or is there a cheap way to get your own weights?
08-14-2008, 10:13 AM,
Re: Weight
The shop owners on here would know more but it's my understanding that the price of lead, like other metals, has more than doubled in the last couple years.  I was pretty surprised too when I was pricing my gear this spring. :o
08-14-2008, 07:01 PM,
Re: Weight
Thanks everyone for the PMs.  I made it into Scuba Dive and Travel and bought up 54 pounds of soft weights from them.  I'm almost thinking I should go back for a little more, but I think that should be enough for us.

Its sad to see the shop go - I wish I would have found it sooner (we just got certified last month).  It looks like a nice place.

If anyone is looking for weight, they have good prices now especially on used hard weights - $1 a pound for those I think.