MNScuba.com

Full Version: Drying Rack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I searched the forum and didn't find anyone else with a drying rack design so I came up with something of my own.  I don't have a basement with a cement floor and drain or a very large garage so my gear ends up drying in the bathtub.  I chose something that could fit in the tub and hold two bc's, two wetsuits and an assortment of other gear.  I also wanted it to disassemble so I could take it on camp and dive weekends.  If anyone is interested in dimensions PM me.

That is a nice rack. Do you happen to have the plans for it, or did you just free hand it?
Thats very cool ;D
Very Nice! What was the price tag on the materials?
It came to around $40 total.  I haven't decided what to put it in yet though.  I currently have a heavy duty trash bag but I'm considering either an under-bed tupperware container or possibly a canvas tent bag.
I was diving at Crosby last summer and one of the guys from Rochester had a "Supersize" version that he had in a Cordura case that someone had made for him!

A heavy duty Mesh Screen may work well for a bag too, something that will let dirt and moisture out but keep all the parts in!
Segundo3000GT,

I finally got around to making one. It works great. I use it in the garage, so I made it a little larger. I also added a rack for hanging accessory items. Thanks again for sharing your plans.

You think Victoria's Secret would approve of this drying rack?

I am sick of looking at the "Little Woman's" bras and panties hanging over the shower curtain.

Dave Torry
St. Cloud

Awesome.  Good to hear that someone got some use out of it.  I'll be going on a camp and dive weekend with Air Down There in a couple of weeks so I'm looking forward to testing it out.