MNScuba.com

Full Version: sweet deal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just made a deal with a guy to buy his aluminum 80 and steel tank.  About 30 pounds of soft weights, Hood, gloves all for $100.  The aluminum is about 8 years old and the steel 10ish.  They need a hydro but I figure all of that for $100.  His can I go wrong.  He also wants to sell me a mares pneumatic spear gun for 20% of it cost new.  I didnt want a spear gun but I might now. ;D

I feel like i'm getting a really good deal.  I hope its not too good to be true.
as long as they pass hydro, it's a deal!  (if you pass on the speargun, let me know...  don't really need one either since I picked up a cheap pole spear a while back, but I've been more and more tempted to look into a gun to make it more likely to head to FL for some spearing one of these years!)
to pass, id have to know if they are stolen or not.
After talking to him a bit I'm certain they are not stolen.  I guess as certain as one can be without seeing the receipt.  To be honest, I talked to him for a while and I got the sense that he just liked the idea of giving them to me at a price I could afford.  I also go the sense that he did zero research on how much stuff should cost used.  He just assumes that since its used it not worth much.

I hope I'm right and this equipment is not stolen, but if I thought for a second it was, I wouldn't buy it.

I'm going to pick up some of the stuff tomorrow so I hope its all I hoped for!
Hee hee - Joe was just joking around - look at his username  ;D
Oh...haha.  I guess I didn't get it.  When he said that he did make me think, I suppose there are people out there who would steal stuff and sell it. Since I'm not one of those people I never think that other people can be.  I guess I always assume the best.

Anyways, I picked up some of the stuff today,  I got the aluminum tank and 47 lbs of soft weights, a pair of gloves, a hood, retractor thingy and a nice bc hanger.  I gave him 120 bucks and he is still planning on delivering me the steel tank, its just at his other house right now.  I should have that in a week are so.
Even if he "forgets" to deliver the steel, you got a steal.
I agree.  I'm certain he won't because there is more stuff he wants to sell me that I haven't paid for.  Plus, I know where he lives :o

I'm hoping to get a "steal" on his drysuit and regulator he has for sale.  We'll see if the pending sale he has falls through...I hope it does, and so far it seems like it.
Darn Hydro testing!  The one place in town that does it is up for a license review and the other won't do cylinders over 3000psi without sending them out of town, which is a real bummer because they only charge $16.  I could drive to Tri-State Diving.  He does his in house but he's only open 9-4 and I can't make it there during work or on Saturdays.  :'(

My two local dive shops use the one guy in town that is currently waiting for his license to be renewed, so I can't take them to the LDS either.  Its surprising how much the price varies.

Nardini: $16 plus shipping for tanks over 3000psi (which isn't that great of a deal I would imagine          because of the shipping)
Hintz Fire Equipment: $24 (Not bad but they don't have a license right now)
Local Dive shops: $32 to $38 (They cant do it because of the above reason)
Tri-State Diving : $13!!!! (He does it in house so I suppose its much cheaper for him, but I can't get there when he is open)

All I want to do is get my new tanks ready to dive Sad
Call Pete at Pro-Hydro Testing.  He is located in Chaska.  $30.00 for Hydro, Visual plus eddy current test and fill.

Contact info: 952-240-1263

He has a mobile unit, so I don't know where he's at right now.  Give him a call to find out when he could get them done for you.

I am very pleased with his turn around time, and bring all my tanks to him.
Pages: 1 2