MNScuba.com

Full Version: Undocumented Minnetonka Wreck?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I've been working with a couple of marine archaeologists over the past few years and last summer they did a partial survey of Lake Minnetonka.  During their work, they found evidence of a wreck that they could not identify.  I'm wondering if anyone out there would have some information on this site that I could pass along to them.

What they know so far:

1) The wreck is located "north of Big Island" -- they have GPS coords but are not currently sharing them until they know whether this is an archaeological site or not.
2) The wreck is about 50 feet in length and is in about 60-65 feet of water.
3) IT IS NOT any of the well-documented wrecks (White Bear, Hopkins, Como, Hercules, George/Excelsior (stern-wheeler), or the side-wheeler wreck).  These folks have already documented these sites.
4) The SS sonar image clearly shows the hull of a boat

BTW -- they have registered the site with the State Archaeological office as site 21-HE0404.

Does anyone have any info that would be helpful for their investigation?

Thanks.
Now is the time of year to go check out the site.  Water clarity is pretty good right now.

Cut a hole over the GPS location, and dive it.  ;D

We dove Tonka today, had 15" of clear, good to see everyone driving on the open lake, finally,,,,well for sure its not the sidewheeler, as its, not, north of Big Island, lol, but they're looking for us to share info, while providing none, good luck.      Trinity
Thats the trouble with people, they want someting for nothing.
I found an undocumented wreck today on tonka, ill post full info later tonight in the wreck thread to claim the victory  ;D
Not claiming any victory...just looking to see if anyone had any info on a wreck that I didn't know anything about to share with my friends.

Looks like I came to the wrong place.

Sorry to bother everyone.
Don't be offend, we all share with each other here. thats the reason that we have this web suite here. if we didn't we would all huddle in little groups and no one would have any fun together.
This is a great group and the only thing that they wont share is where Terry hides his anchor hole.

Dick that anchor holes in my garage, (for anyone who needs one) nothing but plastic coated though, got sick of the cast marking my garage floor with the rust stain.

Here is a good place to start... or maybe this is where you got the intel from in the first place:

Ann and Chris are very knowledgeable on lake minnetonka and have done a lot of research on the boats of minnetonka.  I have a notebook full of articles written by them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8