MNScuba.com
Boy, I wish this weather would warm up. - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Boy, I wish this weather would warm up. (/showthread.php?tid=2621)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Boy, I wish this weather would warm up. - Shooter - 04-04-2006

The picture below is on the jetty at South Padre Island.  There were four to 6 foot seas on the one side, as a matter-of-fact,  I had the whole jetty almost to myself. 8)  There was one other diver out with me.  Most of the fishermen left because the surf was crashing over the jetty :o.  We dove on the channel side and had great visibility and lots of fish.  The picture was taken two years ago in early December.  I wasn't yet certified and was there for my open water certification.  My dives were canceled for the day due to the seas.  But I still got some diving in ;D

Did you dive the Texas underwater park?

Re: Boy, I wish this weather would warm up. - DiverQueen - 04-04-2006

Yo shooter, sorry no, we didn't get the dive gear wet except for at the San Antonio hotel pool!  My husband is not yet certified and I'm not yet ready to face those high seas! 
The dive boat I was planning on going out with was in for Coast Guard inspection and the snorkel trip went out at 0800 but I was calling at 0845.  Bummer...Things to look foreward to for next time! 

Unfortunately both you and Texdiveguy were not going to be in the area to give us a guided tour so we were just playing it by ear.  But the All-You-Can-Eat Shrimp Lunch special at Schlitterbahn was excellent...Too bad my son who loves Shrimp wanted to order himself a pizza!  He still mooched a few off my plate!!

It's getting warm and I'm getting Spring Fever in a bad way!  Find me a melted puddle, I gotta dive!
Lisa

Copy that. next time you're there, you will  Have to try Blackbeard's.  They are towards the end of the strip.  They have some of the best seafood on the island.  mmmmmmmm grouper.

Re: Boy, I wish this weather would warm up. - DiverQueen - 04-04-2006

Dude!  Depending on what part of the Cities you're in, you have got to see how high and fast the "Mighty Mississippi" is running!  OOoh too fast to play in right now!!!  Living in Brooklyn Center I get to see it now and then, like when I go to Smith Diving...I think somebody picked the wrong bridge to try to jump off!!  Now and then I have to go to Anoka County Riverfront park off East River Road, just south of 694.  Nice boat access, got to get a new registration sticker on my kayak though!  Soon it will be time to go get the Alumacraft out of Dad's storage shed!!!!!  Zoom, Zoom, Dive, Dive!

Re: Boy, I wish this weather would warm up. - Shooter - 04-05-2006

I'm about an hour north of the Twin Cities in Cambridge, so I don't see it very often.  I'm sure it's a very wet but I don't think it will qualify for the warm part  ;D  Wink

Re: Boy, I wish this weather would warm up. - tcjtn0 - 04-06-2006

Where in Florida ???  ;D

Jean

Re: Boy, I wish this weather would warm up. - flyboy65 - 04-06-2006

Hey Nate!

What part of mille lacs do you dive?  Never been in there.  Sounds like a fun weekend.  I'd most certainly be up for it!

How long of a drive is it for you to get to Duluth?

Re: Boy, I wish this weather would warm up. - Shooter - 04-06-2006

Location yet to be determined.  The only diving I have done there was ice diving and those locations were not picked by me. I'm still having some difficulties programming my GPS with the  Mille lacs lake hotspots software.  We will probably hit multiple locations.  With the max depth only being about 33 feet,  I'm thinking we should be able to get at least six good  Drops in.  It will also be dependent on weather, if we have flat seas will be able ago about anywhere.  It was rough will probably stay closer to shore.

About hour and a half away from Duluth

Re: Boy, I wish this weather would warm up. - wtdrm - 04-06-2006

Jean:
I am starting in Miami, diving with Conch Repub divers on 4/23 and 4/24,  (Tavernier Fl.)
going to key west Tues night back to Miami for wed, and Thurs.
CJ