MNScuba.com
Try again: Crosby Dive Nov 9 - 10. - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Try again: Crosby Dive Nov 9 - 10. (/showthread.php?tid=325)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re:Try again: Crosby Dive Nov 9 - 10. - cweimaraner - 11-06-2002

Hey guys.... If you're looking for a extra cheap but clean room... you might be interested in this place. I stayed here while I was taking my Rescue Diver course with MSD.

Clifwood Motel
1201 N. County Road 76
Little Falls, MN 56345
(320)632-5488

It is about 30 min drive from Brainard.

Enjoy! I'm going to WI for a business/scuba trip! Wink

Re:Try again: Crosby Dive Nov 9 - 10. - tcjtn0 - 11-07-2002

I am staying at the Econo Lodge in Brainerd Saturday night.
As far as I am concerned, we can meet anywhere Sunday Morning.
I am very flexible...
We could meet at MSD sometime Sunday morning...Is that a possibility???
Lets see what Dan says. His schedule may not be as flexible as mine is!!!

Thanks...Jean ;D

Re:Try again: Crosby Dive Nov 9 - 10. - DanL - 11-07-2002

OK, a plan....
Lonnie a maybe for Sat, unknown for Sun (Sat night??)
Jean for sure Sat and Sun (Econolodge Sat night)
Paul for sure Sun
Dan Sat and Sun (tent Sat night)
Is the above correct? If not, post any change.
Sat: Meet 9:30am at MSD. Choose site.
Sun: Meet 9:30am at Miners Diner parking lot in Ironton.
Cheers,
Dan

Re:Try again: Crosby Dive Nov 9 - 10. - LKunze - 11-07-2002

I plan to meet you guys at MSD at 9:30am Saturday. I'll be doing two dives Saturday and then I have to head back to the cities. That's ok too because I'm sure I'll be plenty cold after two dives. Wink

Re:Try again: Crosby Dive Nov 9 - 10. - lwright - 11-08-2002

I'm planning on meeting up at MSD @ 9:30 AM on Saturday. Like GP, I will plan two dives, but I have to be back in the cities Saturday evening.

Does anyboby have any idea what pit they want to dive at Crosby or Ironton?

Re:Try again: Crosby Dive Nov 9 - 10. - LKunze - 11-08-2002

I'm open to any of them. I have only done dives so far in Joan, Louise and Mahnomen#2. Dan's the pit guru so maybe he can pick one to dive. Wink

Re:Try again: Crosby Dive Nov 9 - 10. - jasondbaker - 11-08-2002

I am getting really #$@ jealous reading all this. I have family commitments almost every weekend. Dive one for me guys..

Re:Try again: Crosby Dive Nov 9 - 10. - DanL - 11-08-2002

Jason, nice to hear from you - sorry you can't make it.
Remember that tomorrow is start of deer hunting season, so traffic heading north will be heavy.
Also, when we choose a pit, we might want to consider one well protected from stray shots :-\. Louise is one that is surrounded by hills on all sides, but we can dive whatever we decide. The folks at MSD always have good advice.
Todd from MSD says dive traffic has been light and he thinks overall viz might be very good now.
DanL

Re:Try again: Crosby Dive Nov 9 - 10. - tcjtn0 - 11-08-2002

STRAY SHOTS!!! ARE YOU NUTS????? :o
I am staying under then...Not coming up...Keep feeding tanks down to me all day!!!!

Thanks...Jean ;D

Re:Try again: Crosby Dive Nov 9 - 10. - LKunze - 11-10-2002

I had a great time diving at Louise Saturday with Dan, Jean and Larry. Viz was great but it was COLD!!! Air temp was 46, water temp was 43 at the surface. We did two dives. Dan showed us the mine shaft at 90ft. with the skeleton and bear skull in it. None of us were able to see them in there except for Dan though although we didn't venture as close to the opening as Dan did and our lights didn't penetrate too well down that deep, it was real dark down there and that overhang that comes over the shaft opening really makes it darker. All in all I had a great time but a drysuit is definately needed IMO for diving in these temps.