MNScuba.com
Diving this Sun the 18th. - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Diving this Sun the 18th. (/showthread.php?tid=4642)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Diving this Sun the 18th. - bluefins - 10-13-2009

What's hull dragging?  ???

Re: Diving this Sun the 18th. - DiverQueen - 10-13-2009

Like Keel Hauling...Getting dragged by a "Just Long Enough" rope to pull you under the boat while it's under sail!

Re: Diving this Sun the 18th. - goaliemn - 10-13-2009

Is there a place at the boat landing to change thats somewhat sheltered, and sturdier/bigger than a porta poty?

Re: Diving this Sun the 18th. - freedivernd - 10-13-2009

It's the lakes man, get naked!

Re: Diving this Sun the 18th. - Terry - 10-13-2009

It's the lakes man, get naked!
[/quote]

Ahhhhh,,,,,, do need to vote "no" to getting naked aboard the Impulse, (especially on Minnetonka) dont want my boat "exposed" to anything that might become habit forming :-\    TRINITY

Re: Diving this Sun the 18th. - freedivernd - 10-13-2009

oh, oh.. sorry, got carried away.  Way too many shore/boat landing dives going from street to water and water to street.  I use that as my justification.  Smile

Re: Diving this Sun the 18th. - doug67 - 10-14-2009

Noon sounds good Terry. Theres a nice public restroom to change in at the access.

Re: Diving this Sun the 18th. - Terry - 10-15-2009

This Sunday will probably be the last run of the Season for the Impulse,  :'( (I got only 4 dives in on my Isle Royale trip a week ago, due to gales, two days where it froze and 7 days straight of rain. I look out and its snowing again, has this Oct weather sucked or what!) So I'm looking forward to a Sunny Oct Sunday, you know the kind we use to have, before, global warming, GM folded, the work siuation folded, or maybe this lousy weather is just payback for having forced that dog and cat to kiss, when I was a kid, that still makes laugh to think about, they just HATED each other  >Big Grin. Either way looks like a good group, hopefully a sunny day, above 34 degrees 8). I'm now looking for ideas on what to dive, Robert, Joe, Doug, Lisa, Michelle, Matt, Kristi, Lynn and a few others this summer have hit most of the wrecks in Minnetonka, anyone know of something new? Or from the group coming with, everyone bring a drysuit? (well, except Robert, hes tough enough though) What do you guys want to go see? Let me know or your just going to get, what the Captain wants :-\      THANKS!    Terry

Re: Diving this Sun the 18th. - goaliemn - 10-15-2009

I don't have a drysuit. Sad  Are you guys looking at going deep enough where I should be concerned?  Or anyone willing to hang out in warmer waters with me?

Re: Diving this Sun the 18th. - Hydro - 10-15-2009

i don't know if there's going to be a noticeable temp difference right now... your best bet is to bring a hat and gloves you can wear on the surface... and a large towel for the eye-opening moment the cold air hits you when you take off the wetsuit....

depending on your wetsuit you might be able to sneak on some synthetic long underwear to make them a little warmer while you are diving.